Dynamic Routes Module to filter out callerid like V41609360800179

i am exploring the Dynamic Routes Module
i get spam calls from callerid starting with a V followed by a string on numbers
the numbers following the V are different
is there a way i can use a regex expression to terminate these calls?

You can use dynroutes for this, but would need to chain them together, one for each regex making it impractical for more than a few.

I’ve done some tweaking of the superfecta trunk provided module for this use case.

Are you sure that the V isn’t a SHAKEN marker to indicate that the caller ID has been verified?

One solution is to verify against google’s libphonenumber, it has been implemented in many languages, I use

It can among other things

• Parse, format, and validate phone numbers for all countries/regions of the world.
  • getNumberType - gets the type of the number based on the number itself; able to distinguish Fixed-line, Mobile, Toll-free, Premium Rate, Shared Cost, VoIP, Personal Numbers, UAN, Pager, and Voicemail (whenever feasible).
  • isPossibleNumber - quickly guesses whether a number is a possible phone number by using only the length information, much faster than a full validation.
  • isValidNumber - full validation of a phone number for a region using length and prefix information.
  • PhoneNumberOfflineGeocoder - provides geographical information related to a phone number.
  • PhoneNumberToCarrierMapper - provides carrier information related to a phone number.

To normalize to e164 format strip all but digits, then if it isn’t 10 digits long , prepend ‘+1’ if it starts with your locales international dial , strip that and predend ‘+’, then pass the number to it.

In this case the number fails for Multiple reasons,
41 is Switzerland
60 is not valid in Switzerland
it is too long for Switzerland

International calls as yet wont get attestation and V is easily added to a CallerID by very much unValidated callers.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.