Dynamic agents and ordering which agents are rang?

With Static Agents, I am able to set up the config to where it can for instance ring extension 105, then 104, then 103 using the ring strategy of linear.

I have an instance where someone insists on using dynamic agents so that the users can log out of the queue, but I’m a bit lost as to how exactly I can order which extensions are dialed in a specific order with Dynamic Agents.

If I set them up in a specific order in the Dynamic Agents list, it gets re-ordered unlike the Static Agents from lowest to highest (per the extension’s numerical value). I’ve tried all ring strategies to no avail. The PBX users are adamant that one Dynamic Agent needs to be rang at a time, and they have a myriad of extensions that I can’t figure out how to order properly.

Has anyone else had the same requirement? Can anyone steer me in the right direction as far as how I should be configuring a queue like this with nothing but Dynamic Agents?

Try adjusting the penalties for the user. The support is not perfect however it does work in newer versions of Asterisk.

Hi SkykingOH, thanks for responding. I’ve tried the following queue combinations:

agents are set dynamic and configured as such:

Agents logged in using the following order: 101, then 102, then 100.

This helps us determine if it’s using the order in which agents log in or their penalty value.

linear w/ skip busy agents on : with linear, the penalties are completely ignored with the order in which agents logged in being used as the order in which agents are rang.

Now, linear with static agents works somewhat as we desire as they are rang in the specific order we list them, but our use case requires customers being able to log in and out of the queue. With dynamic agents, the penalties are also ignored, so 101 will ring, then 102, then 100.

in our case, 101 will ring first, then 102, then 100 because that’s the order we logged them in so we can see that the penalties are being ignored.

rrordered w/ skip busy agents on : with rrordered, it will ignore the penalties and ring the last agent round robin. if the last call ended ringing at 100, then 101 will ring on the next call first. if the last call ended ringing at 101, then 102 will ring on the next call first. etc.

wrandom, fewestcalls, leastcalls and ringall strategies are not useful to us because of our requirements.