DTMF issues in Asterisk releases?

Just glad you got it working.

Personalities and thread creep are just a part of life in the forums.

I tried in vain to install Asterisk 1.6 on Ubuntu 10.4 server. Is it possible for you to share the steps you followed including the dependency files. Just wanted to know to note where I went wrong.

And I am going to add more. Earlier it was discussed why to use a distro instead of roll your own. The dependency problem is one if not the best reason to use a distro. Why would anyone not want to take advantage of they system that has already been debugged and tested. If you are going to go to all that trouble, why not go ahead and dump Asterisk and write your own?

My build is based on this.

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/AsteriskOnUbuntu/Current

I don’t “script” it and I’ve tweaked it quite a bit to get it to run on a fit-pc2i and a Zotac H55ITX-A-E Mini-ITX but it runs great with either box.

I wouldn’t suggest trying to build “Asterisk on Ubuntu” to newbies but it’s a good stable build if you have some solid experience with Ubuntu and Linux in general.

If you can’t manually do the steps in this script using VI, webmin and your knowledge of Linux, don’t bother. This is an intermediate’s build.