DPMA XML Contacts XML group-name=$id

FreePBX 13.0.192.9 DigiumPhonesConfig 13.0.7.1

Who maintains '/var/www/html/admin/modules/conf/digium_phones_http.php ? After a recent update my users cannot figure out what is contained in which phonebook as the name displayed on phone is the $id instead of $phonebook[‘name’]. This change is on aprox. line 67. The generated XML has the $id for the ‘group_name’ instead of the $phonebook[‘name’].

That would be @malcolmd from Digium

how would/should I make them/him aware of the issue?

Hi!

When someone refers to another user the way Tony just did (ie with an “@” followed by the user name) the person receives a notification so you should see him popup here eventually…

If that doesn’t work then there’s probably a bug tracker (it doesn’t seem to be the main Asterisk one though) or a way to get support from Digium…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

File a bug at issues.freepbx.org and we will assign it.

Thank you, I have filed a bug report.

Just making that change won’t work; it’ll break subscriptions because blf_contact_group in the _devices.conf file needs to match the group_name from the generated contacts file itself.

Change did not change the name of the generated XML, it is still ‘contacts-$id.xml’. It only seemed to change the contents of ‘group_name’ within that file, which then displays on phone instead of ‘$id’ which meant nothing to users. I don’t see that it has changed anything but the phonebook name displayed on phone. It appears that it once was ‘phonebook[name]’ as indicated by a comment on that line.

Am I missing something here? Is ‘group_name’ in ‘contacts-$id.xml’ tied to the key or lookup of some other file or options?

OK, So change did not change the name of the generated XML, it is still ‘contacts-$id.xml’. It only seemed to change the contents of ‘group_name’ within that file, which then displays on phone instead of ‘$id’ which meant nothing to users. Users are happy.

But it did break BLF. Users unhappy.

How is ‘group_name’ related to BLF? I would think it should be linked to name of generated XML (contacts-$id.xml).