Doing a restore after a backup on FreePBX5.211.65-4

I am a noob, and I have installed FreePBX znd centos6.5 on a new system and when I try to do a restore,after a backup I get the following error: For real-time status of the restore prosses, it is recommend that use a moder browser. Would you like to continue anyway?

I click OK and then nothing happens.

1 Like

Did you use “a moder browser” ?

I have the exact same problem using FreePBX (RasPBX) on a Raspberry Pi. Everything is current with updates. Everything else in FreePBX works as expected. All files are selected under ‘Select files and databases to restore:’ as well as ‘PBX Settings’ and ‘CDR’s’. When you click ‘Restore’, a dialog box entitled ‘Message from webpage’ pops up with (exact wording/spelling):

For real-time status of the restore prosses, it is recommend that use a moder browser. Would you like to continue anyway?

Clicking OK or Cancel results in nothing happening.

The contents of the backup .tgz file looks reasonable.

Please help.

What works for me on a RasPBX is

apt-get install chromium xrdp xfce
rm /etc/rc2.d/*lightdm
(so it doesn’t start xfce on boot)

add a normal user if you don’t have one or patch /etc/chromium/defaults for root access, then you can use rdesktop (or even windoze) to connect to a “moder browser” running locally on the RasPBX, (or ssh -Y yourboxIP chromium to just tunnel the local chromium to your desktop )

Yes it takes a while but it does “keep it in the family”.

Is there a known problem with the FreePBX Restore facility when using Windows 8.0/IE 10? I would think there’d be tons of posts if that were the problem. I’m not using any desktop interface with the RPi. I use IE10 to access the FreePBX GUI and I use Putty to SSH into a command line for everything else. I don’t think Remote Desktop is the solution to my problem. The restore simply never starts.

Is there a known problem with -

Please don’t hijack posts and change the subject. Start a new thread.

How is having the EXACT same problem as the original post (which was never answered) hijacking a post? Do you have some help to offer with this problem?

maybe “modern” is poor wording. Try a “standards compliant” browser such as Fire Fox or Chrome.

I see James answered your question. This thread had veered off to a PI discussion and on first read appeared to be PI specific.

We (the volunteer moderators) have to review 100’s of submissions a day. I apologize if the curt reminder was offensive and not applicable.

It might not be the solution to your problem, I posted MY solution, IWFM and removes all the problems you might have with M$, maybe one day they can build a standards compliant browser, as yet, not so much luck there.

I would have bet the farm that IE wasn’t the problem, but after installing FireFox, the Restore proceeded. Is it normal to see 1300+ lines similar to these during the Restore?:

/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/import.php: Cannot open: File exists
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/prefs_forms.php: Cannot open: File exists
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/export.php: Cannot open: File exists
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/tbl_addfield.php: Cannot open: File exists
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/phpmyadmin.mo: Cannot open: File exists
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES: Cannot change mode to rwxr-xr-x: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/fi: Cannot change mode to rwxr-xr-x: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/phpmyadmin.mo: Cannot open: File exists
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES: Cannot change mode to rwxr-xr-x: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/bg: Cannot change mode to rwxr-xr-x: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/phpmyadmin.mo: Cannot open: File exists
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES: Cannot change mode to rwxr-xr-x: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: ./var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/locale/sv: Cannot change mode to rwxr-xr-x: Operation not permitted

My guess is the restore was working in the background and somehow you prematurely ended it. You should not see those errors, it looks like you installed phpMyadmin and tried to back it up using the utility and that won’t work.

I would assume the FreePBX DB restored correctly?

I would bet your farm that installing phpmyadmin will screw up a whole bunch of things and open you up to random attack. The nasty thing is that when you ineptly install it, you give root access to all your mysql data, this is a bad thing.

I didn’t explicitly install phpMyadmin. I started out with a RasPBX image and then installed IncrediblePBX as outlined at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=8222.

I’m doing daily backups using the ‘Full Backup’ template. This template consists of:

Directory : /etc/dahdi
Directory : AMPBIN
Directory : AMPWEBROOT
MySQL : CDR server
Asterisk DB
Directory : ASTETCDIR
MySQL : Config server

I haven’t fully tested FreePBX, but on the surface, it appears to be functional following the Restore.

What do you suggest? I’ve built up a fairly elaborate FreePBX configuration at this point and want to make sure I can accurately reconstruct it with minimal effort should the Pi take a dump (although I haven’t had any failures yet, I worry about SD cards going south).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

The first thing I would do is

apt-get remove phpmyadmin
apt-get purge phpmyadmin

It really is unnecessary and a security risk.

As to backing up the OS, Stick a usb stick in the PI,

dd if=/dev/sdx of=/dev/sdy bs=1M

where sdx (almost certainly sda) is your os disk and sdy your usb device (probably sdb)

There are many goolge matches for further details. . .

Where did phpmyadmin come from since I didn’t explicitly install it? I’ve been very careful to NOT install anything that wasn’t absolutely needed. Is phpmyadmin something that IncrediblePBX installed? Why would it have been installed if it’s unneeded and a security risk. What is it used for? I don’t want to uninstall it without knowing what the possible repercussions of doing so might be.

Thanks for the help.

dd if=/dev/sdx of=/dev/sdy bs=1M

I assume the goal of this is to clone the SD card that the Pi runs on. RasPBX comes with a very nice SD card backup utility (raspbx-backup) which updates the backup image with only the changed files since the last run. It typically takes less than 2 minutes to execute after the first run which creates the initial image. I run this nightly, so I do have a working backup image of the SD card.

For extra peace of mind, I’d also like to have working backups from FreePbx that can be restored to a fresh installation. I worry that if the file system gets corrupted in some subtle way that’s not noticed for a while, that the backup image would have the same problem. That’s why I’m trying to get FreePBX Backup/Restore working properly.

Thanks again for your help.

thats why i do the backups on a local web client. it works and there is nobody else to blame. i do the exact same on all my freepbxi it is zero impact on
the running system and gives direct access to any phone’s web server when needed without any further port forwarding, it even works from windoze with little effort

thats why i do the backups on a local web client.

Are you saying you use the same FreePBX Backup/Restore that I’ve been talking about but the difference is that you do it from a local web browser instead of across the LAN? If so, the only difference I can see is a possible removal of browser incompatibility. Am I reading you correctly?