DND button won't display in FOP. *78 will

Greetings,

Here are my current versions. I know they are old. As a beginner to VOIP,
I am trying to get familiar with the system before making any changes. At some point, once I work out as many of the issues I am having as I can, I will get up the nerve to do an update. Look for a future post coming to a forum near you soon.

This is a production system (about 30 extensions) and I can’t afford to
have it crash on me without having the knowlege to repair it. It has one
incoming T1.

Trixbox version Version: 1.2.3
Kernel Version 2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp (SMP)
Distro Name CentOS release 4.4 (Final)
Created by phpSysInfo-2.5.2_rc2

Hardware Information
Processors 2
Model Pentium III (Katmai)
CPU Speed 547.41 MHz
Cache Size 512 KB
System Bogomips 2189.87

Version
Asterisk 1.2.12.1 built by root @ localhost.localdomain on a i686 running

Linux on 2006-10-18 18:35:57 UTC
Verbosity is at least 1

FreePBX 2.3.1.1 on 10.0.0.5

As the title says, it is the issue I am having with all my handsets (Polycom IP 301). If a user presses the DND button, the phone displays “DO NOT DISTURB” in the display, and follows the correct rules for it, but does not indicate so on the FOP. If they dial *78, the phone does NOT display that they are in DND, but the FOP does display it. Other behaviors of the phone do display properly in the FOP. Where would be the likely place to start troubleshooting this issue? Is it an asterisk issue or a handset config issue or neither?

Any help appreciated.

Tnx

Paul…

The Polycom 301 can subscribe to a DEVSTATE but it has a limited number of buttons and no LED’s so it would not be worthwhile in my opinion.

DEVSTATE is a function of Asterisk that FreePBX uses to notify devices of varios system states such as DND, BLF, Night Mode etc. Any phone that can subscribe to a sip hint (commonly called a BLF) can display the status of the function.

Thanks for the reply. Can I presume from your statement:

“With Aastra and SNOM phones you can use the new FreePBX DEVSTATE support to light a BLF on the phone if a caller is in DND state. You can program this button to send the correct codes.”

That the utility will NOT work with the Polycom IP 301?

Thanks.

That’s the way it is supposed to work. The DND button on the Polyxom is local to the phone. *78 is system DID.

With Aastra and SNOM phones you can use the new FreePBX DEVSTATE support to light a BLF on the phone if a caller is in DND state. You can program this button to send the correct codes.