Distro Input needed by Development team

Ok so this is what I am leaning toward

We move ahead with option 2 with one caveat. We keep providing upgrade scripts for the 1.8xx.210.58 track of asterisk and dahdi packages. We would not create new ISOs on Centos 5.8 and only provide the upgrade scripts for the next 6-12 months to give time for users to migrate.

I wish Centos/Redhat did not leave everyone stranded and provided a upgrade path but from everything I have read and tried nothing exist for this.

Sounds like a plan Tony that should fill the bill for everyone

That is what we are doing. We are supporting Asterisk 1.8 and 11 long term both on Centos 6.x and Asterisk 10 right now tell 11 proves stable.

I used it to move from a VM to a physical platform last summer and it did NOT work fine. We lost all audio recordings (user and IVR greetings, plus saved voicemails) and had issues with the DB passwords.

We also had problem simply getting it to put the backups in a location where they could be accessed for the restore and never could fix that- we ended up having to use the warm-spare procedure (sorry if I have this name incorrect). The system was on the current Distro and the modules were current.

Are all these issues fixed now?