Disable Transcoding

I’m on FreePBX 15.0.23, Asterisk 18.10.0 which supports Advanced Codec Negotiation (ACN). I’m trying to disable transcoding by editing /etc/asterisk/pjsip.endpoint_custom.conf with the ACN params but when I reload asterisk or restart it the file’s changes don’t take any effect. My pjsip.endpoint_custom.conf is as follows - the final changes to disable transcoding are not shown below. Any ideas why it’s not loading?

[100](+)
codec_prefs_incoming_offer = prefer: pending, operation: union, keep:all, transcode:allow
codec_prefs_outgoing_offer = prefer: pending, operation: union, keep:all, transcode:allow
codec_prefs_incoming_answer = prefer: pending, operation: intersect, keep:all
codec_prefs_outgoing_answer = prefer: pending, operation: intersect, keep:all

That option is not yet implemented, so even if it were selected it wouldn’t do anything. Forcing the same codec everywhere, ensuring that sound files exist of the format, not using any monitoring/conference bridges, would minimize/disable transcoding.

Its curious that even though its not implemented that doing pjsip show endpoint <id> shows the codec_prefs_* parameters for all endpoints though. Also kind of weird that even though its not implemented the documentation on asterisk, includes the params - it can be found at wiki dot asterisk dot org in the Asterisk 18 section Asterisk 18 Configuration_res_pjsip.

The foundational aspect and certain other parts of it are present, including the configuration parsing and documentation. Unfortunately though the transcode option is not enforced.

So it is partially implemented. Any timeframe for when the feature as a whole should be fully rolled out?

No, there is no current time frame. Other things came up that had to go ahead of it.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.