DISA, contexts, and timeouts

Thank you SkykingOH, I will move to trixbox.org and start the posting there.

What I meant by a wizard or a scrip is not related to the the installation of the core system. Indeed that is done nicely. However, now that you have the core system up and running what do you do next. Do you setup your extensions or do you set the trunk. It would be nice to have a typical system " dial plan". for a small system. example:

A small office set up.

Three extensions (one softphone, one typical iphone, one standard pots)

Provide the setting for each phone in the example.

One sip trunk (get settings from service provided) recommend few options

One FXO trunk ( provide setting for a typical AU)

A simple IVR ( press 1 for bob, press 2 for Alice, press three for Mary)

Now, if the person choose to use other options or equipments than what is recommended in the “typical set up” then that is there choice and they have to find the resources that can answer their specific hardware.

That is what I meant by having a wizard. An automated way to build a simple conf. file to have a typical PBX. For example it would not be hard to build a scrip that would ask the user: what is your area code, Do you want to dial 9 or X to dial an outside line etc.

Sorry about over simplifying a complex issue. I like the system I just want to make it easier so many more people can use it.

Alex

Honestly if you can’t read a getting started guide such as the excellent “xxx without tears” series and setup a few extensions, trunks, routes and an IVR from a GUI then you should question is you should be installing your own phone system.

Utilities such as the Aastra XML scripts make installing certain brand phones a snap.

I will see you over at the trixbox forums.

SkykingOH,

Thank you for your advice and suggestions. I think I should be able to do it. I only have an electrical engineering degree with over 25 years communication systems experience. Once I was a member of the T1.X1.1 ISDN user group working on developing dialing plans for Bell lab :wink: Later in my years I worked for NASA as the wireless system architect for the space shuttle.

So hopefully that should enable me to set up this system :wink:

I think I just jumped into it like most engineers or geeks do without reading anything.

I am getting old so things seems to take longer to do.

P.S. I just posted my first question at the help trixbox form:

http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/help/new-trixbox-ce-support

see you there

Thanks,

Alex