Directory module - Search by last and first name

I am sure I am simply having a brain fart. Upgraded system to 2.9, can’t find setting now and the directory is only searchable by first name, this is of course useless.

The “Legacy Company Directory” options don’t exist anymore.

Thanks…

From my experience it is searching the entire name field as displayed in the directory module. Based on the number of results it may appear that only the first name is being ‘read’.

I enter a last name and Allison comes back on indicating “No Directory Entry Matching your search”

Hi Scott,
I just tested it, created a new directory with some names in it, it matched on both first and last name. I tested one with a distinctive last name, it got that on two key presses.
I then tested with two digits matching one persons first name and one others last name. I got a prompt telling me to enter more digits, I entered one more to match the last name of the second user, I got a match and was transfered as it should.

Was your directory migrated?

Mikael - I did migrate to 2.9 and that is when the problems began.

In addition to this issue the system is ignoring the option to play the users recorded name or use appflite. It always uses the flite option. Tony mentioned that another user reported this and I was going to open a ticket.

Any data I can send to assist in the troubleshooting?

I have not tested it with flite.
Test to create a new directory, add just a few names in it. Then add this to extensions_custom.conf

[from-internal-custom]
exten => 8181,1,NoOp(Start of Directory)
exten => 8181,n,Goto(directory,1,1)
exten => 8181,n,Hangup()

Substitute 8181 with numbers that does not conflict with your extension numbering.
Also, line two, the second argument should be to your new directory (2 or 3).
By doing that you can dial 8181 from any phone to test the directory.
Set agi set debug on so that you can see the agi input/output.

Mikael -

I recreated the directory and it is working fine.

I left the non working one up in case you want me to run some debug on it.

Thanks for the help.

OK, there are two tables in the database that you might check, directory_details and directory_entries.
_details contains the info for the directories, like name, description and destination.
The _entries should contain all users for the directory:

mysql> select * from directory_entries;
+----+------+------+------+------------+-------+------+
| id | e_id | name | type | foreign_id | audio | dial |
+----+------+------+------+------------+-------+------+
|  1 |    1 |      | user | 1405       | vm    |      |
|  1 |    2 |      | user | 1406       | vm    |      |
|  1 |    3 |      | user | 1408       | vm    |      |
|  1 |    4 |      | user | 1926       | vm    |      |
|  1 |    5 |      | user | 2312       | vm    |      |
|  1 |    6 |      | user | 2309       | vm    |      |
|  2 |    1 |      | user | 1415       | vm    |      |
|  2 |    2 |      | user | 2309       | vm    |      |
|  2 |    3 |      | user | 2312       | vm    |      |
+----+------+------+------+------------+-------+------+
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Check the _details, you could post it to me in a PM if you want.