Digium TDM410 Not Showing In DAHDI CONFIG

Hello everyone and to every gurus.

I’ve installed FreePBX and I have Digium TDM410 on it. After the installation, I went to Dahdi configuration and click on Global and save changes then restarted asterisk and dahdi but TDM410 is not showing on Digital and Analog tab.

I see by executing lspci -v and dahdi tools TDM410 is detected and wonder why its not being displayed under Dahdi config. Is that place for Sangoma cards only?

Thanks in advance.

Any DAHDI cards in the system, recognized by the ‘dahdi’ application, should show up in that space. Make sure that dahdi is running and that it didn’t error when you restarted it after you made your configuration changes.

Thanks, Dave.

When I restarted asterisk and dahdi from the GUI, I did not get any error message. Nothing happens when I service dahdi restart from the CLI and it only shows the info below when running dahdi_cfg -vv. SIP to SIP calls are just fine.

DAHDI Tools Version - 2.11.1

DAHDI Version: 2.11.1
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration

Channel map:
0 Channels to configure.

Thanks.

this tells me that your dahdi program is not seeing the cards, or the cards aren’t configured correctly for your software. The dahdi config is separate from the rest of Asterisk, and should be in /etc/dahdi (or something similar in that neighborhood). Check the files and go through a manual install to see what you can see.

1 Like

post your /etc/dahdi/system.conf

dahdi_cfg parses /etc/dahdi/system.conf

but first try

dahdi_genconf

to generate /etc/dahdi/system.conf

so it can be parsed

Hi Dicko and thanks for the response.

Below are the output.

[root@freepbx ~]# dahdi_genconf
Empty configuration – no spans

and system.conf content is

Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sun Oct 17 19:28:47 2021

If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,

your manual changes will be LOST.

Dahdi Configuration File

This file is parsed by the Dahdi Configurator, dahdi_cfg

Global data

loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

Thanks, Dave.

I tried installing Dadhi with its latest version “dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0” but I get the message below upon execution of make.

make[1]: Entering directory /root/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux' make -C drivers/dahdi/firmware firmware-loaders make[2]: Entering directory/root/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware’
make[2]: Leaving directory /root/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware' You do not appear to have the sources for the 3.10.0-1127.19.1.el7.x86_64 kernel installed. make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/root/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux’
make: *** [all] Error 2

I don’t know if I have to do this as I was under the impression that by ensuring that the card is inserted to the box upon installation of FreePBX should it automatically detect the card and install the necessary drivers. Do I have to download and install a lower version dahdi for TDM410 to work properly?

Building DAHDI on your own is entirely unnecessary. The DAHDI program that running on your machine is matched to the Asterisk version you’re already running, so all you should need to do is run the DAHDI program from the command line and rebuild the configs.

It looks like you might need to start from the beginning - start with ‘lspci’ and make sure the card is being seen by CentOS. You need to proceed step by step - don’t try to bounce around trying different things. After that, follow the steps for building the configuration.

Hi Dave,

I’ve decided to reinstall FreePBX but this time around even lspci no longer detects the card when it was prior to the reinstall.

I also do not see the blue light on its ports.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.