Ok, so spent some time live with support testing this D80 today. They couldnt get it working… took Asterisk logs, pcaps, and DPMA logs and PTSR file to report to the developers.
After all the testing Ive done and support, the last thing I could come up with was maybe the current firmware on the phone needs updated to a certain version to work with EPM… My phone had 1_8_16_1 on it. Since it wouldnt provision, it never did the firmware check and upgrade via Firmware Management within EPM… I had 1.29 loaded in Firmware Slot 1 but it never updated…Trying through the WEB GUI reported “The WebGUI has been disabled” message… I even tried Factory Resetting the phone and plugging it into a POE switch not connected to my phone LAN so I couldnt see my PBX but I still kept getting the “WebGUI disabled message.”
After doing some digging online I found some write ups that covered this very issue of updating firmware when you cant access the WEB GUI and PBX wont update… You can bypass the WEB GUI disabled message for firmware updates by going to http://yourphoneipaddress/firmware…And using the login credentials Username: admin and Password: 789 … I then downloaded and updated the latest 1_12_10 from here:
After the firmware update completed, the phone rebooted and upon boot up it instantly provisioned to the assigned Extension I configured with MAC in EPM>Extension Mapping.
Phone now makes and receives calls no problem, template assigned keys are working, Visual voicemail is working… So auto provisioning is working now with the latest EPM and D80 but you MUST be on the latest firmware for it to work. I dont know if it also works with any firmware versions between 1_8_16_1 and 1_12_10 but I can confirm 1_12_10 works…
Only issue is there still is a yellow Triangle in the top right corner… Status is not working. We will see what support says about that…I just updated them on my progress as they had just disconnected from SSH from getting all the logs before I did this fw update.