Digium D70 Sidecar Rapid Dial Buttons Not Showing

All the D70 phones on my FreePBX instance are not showing any contacts/rapid dials on the sidecar. They are blank. We are using the Digium Phones module (DPMA).

• The phones are assigned phones books
  • The phones are assigned a phone book for rapid dial keys
  • Rapid Dials on Unused Line Keys is enabled

Phones are running firmware 2.2.1.3

Update: I’ve taken packet captures of a phone’s traffic when it reconfigures. I see it request all of the phonebook XML files over HTTP, but never requests the blf-5.php (not sure if its supposed to). Here is the current config for this device in res_digum_phone_devices.conf:

[3468]
type=phone
full_name=3468 Debra B
parking_exten=70
parking_transfer_type=blind
active_locale=en_US
application=voicemail-pin
application=parking-app-default
line=3468
send_to_vm=yes
accept_local_calls=host
active_locale=en_US
call_waiting_tone=yes
display_mc_notification=no
firmware=D40-2_2_1_3
firmware=D45-2_2_1_3
firmware=D50-2_2_1_3
firmware=D60-2_2_1_3
firmware=D62-2_2_1_3
firmware=D65-2_2_1_3
firmware=D70-2_2_1_3
lock_preferences=no
login_password=22222
name_format=first_last
parking_exten=70
pin=voicemail
record_own_calls=yes
timezone=America/New_York
web_ui_enabled=no
use_local_storage=yes
contact=contacts-internal.xml
contact=contacts-5.xml
blf_items=blf-5.php?lines=1
blf_contact_group=5
network=network–1
network=network-4
network=network-3
network=network-1
8021x_method=
d70_logo_file=user_image_4.png
application=status-available
application=status-away
application=status-dnd
application=status-xa

Anyone???

Use the commercial endpoint manager instead of the Digium phones module unless you have a specific need for Digium phone module

The reasoning is simple. No one is currently working on the Digium phones module. Also commercial endpoint is free for Digium phones.

If we were to do that, can the two co-exist during a transition period? Also, how do we make the phone aware of endpoint manager versus the convenience of broadcast-based DPMA?

The only brand I see in endpoint manager is Sangoma. How do we get access to Digium phones in that module without purchasing it?

Update endpoint

• FreePBX or PBXact 14 EndPoint Version 14.0.2.153 or greater
  • FreePBX or PBXact 13 EndPoint v13.0.118.103 or greater
  • FreePBX or PBXact 13 or 14 Restapps 13.0.92.20 or greater

By hoping Sangoma purchases Digium. Oh wait - they already did :slight_smile:

With the merger, it’s just a matter of time before DPMA is the Commercial EPM. They kept all of the talent - expect great things from the new company!

If the latest EPM doesn’t manage your phones, it will soon. You might need to upgrade to the Edge version of EPM if the most current one doesn’t work for you right now,

I know this is super old, but I wonder if you ever got this working, @rlyoxthimer ? I asked a question about how to get the sidecar rapid dial buttons working on this exact phone just yesterday.

We ended up migrating my customer to Switchvox and haven’t look back. FreePBX works for some situations, but it was the wrong solution for this particular customer for many reasons. The vendor prior to myself installed FreePBX, but never maintained it and any updates we tried to apply to bring it up-to-date to do what was suggested in this thread completely broke the system.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.