Did not receive valid response from server

Hi all,
I am running FreePBX and whenever I try to apply Configuration Changes, Asterisk dies and eventually comes back up - but in FreePBX it shows a “Did not receive valid response from server” message. I found an older thread that is similar to my problem, but I did not want to dig it from its grave. I am running PIAF with Asterisk 1.4.36 on CentOS 5.5.
See <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPnd8aNTkg>this for a more visual interpretation.
Also, if I issue a “reload” at the Asterisk CLI manually, I get the same result - Asterisk crashes but comes back up a few seconds later and finishes the reload. The logs do not show anything pertaining to the crash or anything.

Looks like it might just be timing out waiting to do the reload. You could look at incresing the timeout as detailed here - http://www.freepbx.org/v2/ticket/4500

we have the same issue but Asterisk doesn’t really crash. It’s the webserver that can’t finish the reload while in reality everything proceeds ok. Simply wait 2 minutes and click the Admin button to reload the screen. Does not seem to affect performance and seems to be cause by large dialplans and/or custom contexts.