DID directly to dialplan without specific Inbound Route

Good evening.

Is there a mechanism available that will allow inbound DIDs to search the extension dialplan for a match? We’re using an e.164 dialplan, so all extensions are 1+NPA+NXX+XXXX and I hate having to build an inbound route for each one of these if I don’t have to.

My hope is, by default inbound calls would pass into the dialplan auto-searching for a match, and if it fails, it would then follow a catch-all that plays SIT (or busy, or something). If an explicit entry were created for a given DID, then that would override the inbound attempt.

Is this possible?

Thx.

One way if your extensions are 11 digits long and the number called is only ten then take your example from the [from-pstn-e164-us] but change the last line

exten => s,1,Goto(from-pstn,${EXTEN},1)

to

exten => s,1,Goto(from-internal,${EXTEN},1)

Thanks for the reply Dicko. I was looking for the same piece of information.

We’re getting E164 from the carrier and the internal dial plan matches (so 11-digits for inbound DNIS and extensions).

Since I’m still to afraid to mess with the raw config files (I guess I could place that in a “custom” file), is there a way to achieve this from the GUI?

Thx.

If you are in NANP land then yes, just send your inbound trunk calls to the from-pstn-e164-us context, Does that not make sense, and honestly I believe that also in the wiki, did you go there yet?