DID check inside call flow

I have an unusual situation.

We provide 24/7 support to our clients. We use our own tech evenings and during the day on weekends and a 3rd party middle of the night and stat holidays.

Now we have a new wrinkle. One of our client deals mostly with US based clients, so they are opened on Canada only stat holidays. They will be given a specific DID for after hour support.

A couple of prompts down our IVR, there is an option to reach support. At that point, a Time Condition checks if it’s a stat, if it is it checks if it’s between 0900-2100 and decides where to send the call, my techs or the third party.

What I want to achieve is after I determine it’s a stat holiday, to check if the call is coming on the client’s DID and flow from there.

Is there a way to check what DID a call came in other than the inbound route?

There are two variables ($callerid(name) and $callerid(number), IIRC) that you can use throughout your call. There is also a variable that exposes the original DID, I think. I don’t remember what that one is called, though.

You can do this with the Dyanamic Routes module by branching call flow based on Asterisk variable and a value of ${FROM_DID}

1 Like

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.