Dialplan help for incoming call

Hi, I am using the allowlist module to whitelist phonebook entries.
If the allowlist is false I have it setup to a custom destination that points to extension.conf.
Here is the dialplan for it.
Iam a newbie to DP so think its something easy.
After dial ext 14, Answering ext, the plan stops. logs below.
I think i need something after dial to continue DP??

[allowlist]
exten=> 14,1,dial(sip/14)
same => n,Answer()
same => n,WaitForNoise(500)
same => n,WaitForSilence(500,[500])
exten => s,1,GotoIf($["${WAITSTATUS}" = “Silence”]?dial14)
same => n,Goto(xxxxxx).

app_dial.c: SIP/14-000000c2 answered SIP/FB trunk 625-000000c1

490[2021-05-01 08:23:05] VERBOSE[15398][C-00000092] bridge_channel.c: Channel SIP/14-000000c2 joined ‘simple_bridge’ basic-bridge <3667da55-8be6-4579-b234-84562635da11>

[allowlist]
exten=> 14,1,dial(sip/14)
same => n,Answer()
same => n,WaitForSilence(500,[500])
exten => s,1,GotoIf($["${WAITSTATUS}" = “Silence”]?dial14)
same => n,Goto(xxxxxx).

Cheers

Asterisk 16.15.0

I have found I need to use dial macro to this i think to. I can also use Go Sub

I have tried several things none are working…
exten => n,Dial(SIP/14,60,M(macro-answered))

Any advice on where to look next appreciated

I can’t figure out your goal. What do you want to happen to calls that fail the allowlist?

For calls that fail the allowlist i want to detect if they are spam calls or real calls. I read in another post that wait for noise/silence is the way to do it?
If real caller ring ring ext 14, if spammer go to custom destination.

typring this i realise i have it back the front, i need the dial 14 after doing the wait for noise/silence…

So i can get ext 14 to ring id allowlist is false, and when call is answered log files show a bridge connection and thats where the DP stops.

So more like this,
[allowlist]
exten => 14,1,Answer
same => n,WaitForSilence(500)
exten => s,1,GotoIf($["${WAITSTATUS}" = “Silence”]?(dial/sip14))
same => n,Goto(custom dest)

Thanks.

Anyone able to help me out…

I would not do it that way as you really cannot tell if what you are hearing is a robocall announcer or a person.

Your dialplan doesn’t appear to be defined correctly for what you describe. The the first line will match extension number 14 but if I understand your intention you haven’t yet made a decision at that point whether to send the call to extension 14 yet.

I’d really recommend not writing dialplan rules to test for spam calls, I have an IVR that asks the caller to press 1 if they want my wife, press 2 if they want me, and hang on the line to leave a message.

No spammers have gotten past that and none of the robocallers ever leave a message either so its been pretty effective for us.

Hi. I have gone with the IVR setup option, IVR’s are new to me , but easy to setup.

Its working so will run with that for the time

Cheers

Here is my take, call it human engineering if you want.

If you don’t recognize the callerID, answer but don’t say anything, many Robocalls wait for sound before continuing and often hangup in it’s absence , real people say something like " Hello, anyone there?" within a few seconds,and then stop talking, so start recording after asking a question like “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch what you said, who is calling” , wetware will answer coherently, if a robocaller, they will then start their spiel which will last longer than a normal reply to a short question. I suggest you verify that behavior before moving on .

You can then script that and with the addition of speech to text you can respond very intelligently, without speech to text then depending on the length of the recording, send to voicemail, make a call to your extension and playback the response or hangup. No IVR or button presses needed but you will always have a recording of the call for later analysis. , add that behind your whitelist of already known numbers and you will be surprised how few legitimate callers complain.

Dicko.

This is what i was doing above, as i read it in one of you former posts. STT i got stuck setting it up.

So if you can shed light on my set up above and whats wrong that would be great

I would stick with what works for you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.