Dialing Conference Calls From Offsite

Hello,

We’ve had conference calls working for a long time but recently we tried to have someone dial in and be part of our conference to just get to a busy tone.

If I dial our conference extension from my desk phone it works just fine. If I have someone call in and choose my extension it reaches me without issue.

Is this likely an updated module bug?

Thanks

You haven’t really provided enough information for us to help you debug the problem… Can you please provide the relevant log files or any other information that might be useful – such as the version that you’re using, if the modules are up to date, etc.

There is additional information how how to provide great debugging logs at https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug.

1 Like

Sorry. I’ve created a link but it appears I am not allowed to post it yet.

Conferences 13.0.23.17 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation

Thanks

I’ve upped your privileges from new user. If I did it right, you should be able to post a link now.

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/6266f8eb

Thanks

Lines 294-5

[2020-03-24 12:35:35] VERBOSE[14445][C-0000008b] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-dial-one:55] Dial("SIP/vitel-inbound2-0000013b", "SIP/700,,trIb(func-apply-sipheaders^s^1)") in new stack
[2020-03-24 12:35:35] WARNING[14445][C-0000008b] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)

From IVR, caller chose to dial 700 direct, but that extension is not registered/reachable.

That is strange, it is myself using my cellphone to test in that example.

I am certain each time I’ve tried (5 or more) that I dial 7001 which is the correct extension.

Is there perhaps some issue where it assumes no extension exists past a 3 digit one? Although as I stated before it does work without issue locally…Very weird

The strict timeout parameter for the IVR may be necessary, otherwise if there is a valid extension of 700, it won’t allow you to enter 7001.

1 Like

I do have a 700 extension. It is unused so I went ahead and deleted it and now it works!

Very strange as it has been unused for a number of years and the 7001 has worked within that time.

In any case thanks for the help.

You might want to start here.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.