Dialing all dahdi channels at the same time

Hello everyone, I have a TDM410 Card that has 4 FXO ports, I put the 4 channels into the same group, the whole idea was to actually when a number was called to ring the 4 lines at the same time, but always asterisk only dials one at the time, what I am looking for is to dial the 4 channels at the same time. Meaning when a user from inside call number 12345, I need to 4 channels on the TDM410 card to dial the 12345 number.

How can I accomplish this???

Thanks in advance.

Why?

I don’t understand, so you want to seize all four of your POTS lines and dial the same number?

That doesn’t make sense.

Yes SkykingOH, the problem is that my telco has limited lines for international calls, and if I dial with 4 lines I will have a better chance to get my call through. The calls that are not getting through I will have to hang the up some way.

How would you know which one to pickup?

To win the radio call in contest. :wink:

I think getting this step by step is a good idea, for now I need to dial all the channels in the group, I will appreciate if you could tell me how is done.

Note: I think the if I use busydetect busytone I will be able to hang up the calls that were not successful.

Could camp-on be harnessed for this purpose? I’m not user, I have only ever tested it on internal extensions, but this seems like a good application if it works for external numbers.

Perhaps you should look into the asterisk redial command. But detecting in call tone progress is flaky at best especially if you are not NANP.

I can’t think of any way in FreePBX to seize all the trunks and dial at the same time.

Even if we could hack it all up and do this, how would you select the successful channel?

As Dicko pointed out, detecting busy cadence on Analog trunks is touchy at best,

Analog and digital just don’t mix that well. Digital trunks give you release codes you can route on. Can you get ISDN BRI from your carrier?

No I am afraid they only provide this service to big enterprises and government, can you take a look at this and tell me what is wrong with it.

WHEN IT PASSES THE CALL THE FORMAT IS WRONG, IT DIAL LIKE THIS.

Dial(IAX2/IAXServer/00annel_1), for some reason is not recognizing ${EXTENT}

My /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
[LocalSets]
exten => _011.,1,Verbose(2,Dialing multiple locations with time delay)
same => n,Dial(Local/channel_1@TimeDelay&Local/channel_2@TimeDelay&Local/channel_3@TimeDelay,40)
same => n,Hangup()

[TimeDelay]
exten => channel_1,1,Verbose(2,Dialing the first channel)
same => n,Dial(DAHDI/g0/00${EXTENT:3},20)
same => n,Hangup()

exten => channel_2,1,Verbose(2,Dialing the second channel with a delay)
same => n,Wait(10)
same => n,Dial(DAHDI/g1/00${EXTENT:3})

exten => channel_3,1,Verbose(2,Dialing the third channel with a delay)
same => n,Wait(15)
same => n,Dial(Dial(DAHDI/g2/00${EXTENT:3},15)
same => n,Hangup()

unless you have dahdi groups setup for g0, g1 and g2 , then it wont work, use the dahdi channels instead. But you are still barking up the wrong tree, if your provider is being flaky at a point in time, then pretty well all calls top them will exhibit the same flakiness.

and ${EXTENT} wont get you anywhere try ${EXTEN}

There are many syntax errors but the logic error is more glaring. How would you stop if it works or continue on to the next channel if it doesn’t?

Either way this type of situation would be insufferable to an end user. The phones have redial, I would just train them to hang up and hit redial.

sorry I misspelled EXTEN. Do you know why is this piece failing.

First off, your contexts are incorrect, see the example in:-

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+contexts