@device & @default work differently in sip_additional.co

I just setup a group of Grandstream GXP-2000 phones on Asterisk 1.4.6 with freePBX 2.2.2. When voicemail is left for an extension, most of the phones will flash their message LEDs, and a few do not. All the phones are setup identically except for extension number and passwords.

I tracked the problem down to a problem in sip_additional.conf. Here is one that works:[quote][731]
type=friend
secret=86
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
qualify=yes
port=5060
nat=yes
mailbox=731@default
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
dial=SIP/731
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callerid=device <731>[/quote]
and here is one that does NOT work:

[quote][711]
type=friend
secret=86
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
qualify=yes
port=5060
nat=yes
mailbox=711@device
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
dial=SIP/711
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callerid=device <711>[/quote]
If I manually edit sip_additional.conf, to make all vm’s go to @default, then the LEDs work on all extensions. However, any changes to anything at all in freePBX, causes the sip_additional.conf to be rewritten and the extensions are messed up again.

I figured out why most have @default and a few have @device. The ones that have @device, were created without a voicemail and then voicemail was added later. The ones that are @default are extensions where voicemail was created at the same time the extension was created.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I think this is a bug.

Can anyone tell me how to get these extensions to use @default instead of @device so I will not have to recreate a bunch of extensions again?

Thanks,
Kyle

in the extensions window for that extension later.

Not that I don’t appreciate the reply, because I do. But it’s not a complete sentence or thought. If I go into the problematic extensions later, where can I reconfigure @device into @default? I see nothing that is blank or is configured as @device. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,
Kyle

sorry, i split the sentence between the subject line and the message box. anyway, go to the extensions. select your extension. in the field that says “mailbox”, it will look like:

202@default

if it was nnn@device, change it to nnn@default.

Thanks, Dan, that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Kyle