I finally installed FreePBX and it is all up and running now. What I need to do is to make a system that will have one DDI coming from the trunk (done) that will play a voice recording for the caller and wait for the caller to type in a 5 digit number. Based on the 5 digit number typed, the system will send a caller to the voice recording queue (wrong choice of words, I know) where the system will play another (longer) voice recording (first in the queue) and, after and during the recording that is playing, offer a set of choices (1 to go to the next voice recording in the queue, 2 to go to the previous voice recording in the que, 3 to leave a message, 4 to go to the first voice recording again and 5 to hangup). Options to rewind and forward while listening to the messages will ideally, be available as well. Summarised, the process would look as follows:
- Call comes in from the trunk (one DDI only)
- A short voice recording is played to the caller (e.g “Please select your 5 digit number”)
- 5 digit number entered
- The caller is transferred to a queue of recordings
- The caller listens to the first recording in the queue
- the caller has options to rewind and forward the recording (recordings will be long)
- At the end of the first recording, the caller gets IVR like choices (1 to do …, 2 to do …). One of the options is to leave a message.
Looking forward to read what you would do for the above set of requirements. Extensions, IVRs or something else (custom application?).