Delay in call processing on inbound PSTN

Freepbx Distro 5.211.65-6, dahdi module 2.11.38 with Sangoma A200 card

DAHDI Version: 2.9.0.1 Echo Canceller: HWEC

Wanpipe is running in T1

Incoming call on a PSTN rings once on the callers end (I understand the delay there), then I see …

Starting simple switch on ‘DAHDI/1-1’

The it takes about 3 to 4 seconds before I see any activity in the cli on processing the call - so we are into almost 4 rings before the phone starts ringing at the desktop. On a similar system with the same hardware I can see the call get processed almost immediately after the ring detect and the call is ringing typically before the end of the second ring on the callers end.

Not using any caller id sources such as CNAM so I don’t feel there are any lookup issues.

Under Dahdi settings > Global > use callerid=yes, answer immediately=yes, fax detection=no, added other cidstart=ring

Any changes to these do not appear to make a difference in the delay.

Sorry Dicko, typed out a reply yesterday, however it didn’t appear.

Yes, wanpipe in T1 is used for all the Sangoma I believe - I understand where you got that from.

Still getting the caller id so the answer immediate doesn’t really seem to do anything.

Was just on site, and it’s like the system is waiting an additional ring for caller id from Telco.

I see the “Starting simple switch on ‘DAHDI/1-1’”, system pauses for a ring cycle (it seems), then you see it process the call, and phones ring.

Whereas, on a similar system, as soon as you see “Starting simple switch on ‘DAHDI/1-1’” it processes the call. Similar system has same Sangoma card and settings all appear to be the same - as far as I can tell.

You said “Wanpipe is running in T1”

Check your CaallerID is set to match what your Telco is sending you, also you probably don’t want answer immediate or you will lose your CID “spill”.

It’s a Sangoma A200 4 port analog pstn card

T1 or PRI ? If T1, what parameters?