Default UCP dashboard

Does anyone know if it’s possible to setup a default UCP dashboard for all users? I have setup a new Freepbx V14 server and would like to setup a default UCP dashboard for the users. If it can be done on the group level that would be even better.

Thanks
Paul

1 Like

I would also like to know this - the current default is SPARSE! to say the least.

1 Like

Yes I know you are right. It’s something that is on the radar to add but doesn’t exist now. I realize this isn’t ideal but it will come.

1 Like

I haven’t looked at the configs it generates (or where it puts them) - is there any way I can configure my view, and then copy the file the view is stored in to other profiles? Or is it database driven and not a file?

It’s in the database and it’s not simple to just copy and paste unfortunately

Bummer - that is what I thought!

That is unfortunate but not a show stopper, Thanks for all the great work you and the team are doing.

Thank you for your answer! We have long looking for it!

Andrew, will this be announced as a module update? I want to be on the lookout for it, but want to make sure I know what to look for.

Thanks,

plus 1 for this feature please. I presume it is open as a feature request on the tracker…

Love the new look but would be great to have a default setup. Hope we dont have to wait until version 15 for this?

+1 for this.

You guys need to Vote for the feature request in the issue tracker, not here.

I did an upgrade to v14, and all the users lost their UCP Dashboards to get welcomed with a blank page, and a Click Here. I’m a little surprised that the dashboard doesn’t have a Default Config with the same things it use to have, or a way to customize it for everyone.

For the record: [FREEPBX-14166] UCP 14 Dashboard Templates - Sangoma Issue Tracker The ticket has been sitting in Open/Unassigned status since Feb 12th 2017.

Now while everyone is being told to vote to make this issue happen it does seem a bit odd considering the first reply to the ticket from Sangoma:

This will come in the very near future. Its already planned for in user manager to let you define a layout as a admin users get when they first login and we will have a standard layout that you can modify. You are playing with pre-alpha release of something brand new that is not even beta yet.

As well there was another ticket: [FREEPBX-14165] UCP 14 Dashboard - Sangoma Issue Tracker about the stock layout of the dashboard and there was one reply to the ticket before it was “Accepted” and closed.

This is pre alpha and before it goes stable we will have a stock layout that gets loaded the first time a user logs in and on migration from 13 to 14.

Here we are now, 11 1/2 months in the Stable Release and this feature is still not there and now requires the community to “up vote” it to have it be worked. Very strange, very strange indeed.

It’s not strange. We had planned to do it but ran out of time amd resources. UCP is Open Source and anyone is welcomed to help contribute and make it better. That is the beauty of Open Source and a community. We have thousands of tickets and request and we try and add features the community ask but as you can imagine we get pulled in alot of directions with demands.

I asked people to vote instead of adding +1 or other comments.

Tom you are a well qualified programmer so if you need this feature right now you can program it yourself instead of stiring the pot on a 9 month old thread.

Well thanks for the compliment, Andrew. Appreciate that. In fact, I did do just that and rolled out an external, centralized console that talks to all the systems and lets users manage/view their extension(s) and voicemail(s). Plus it ties into all my other platform services (XMPP, SMS, FAX, etc) in one place instead of trying to manage systems individually.

Really with my setup it just made more sense and logic to try and limit the amount of UI/interfaces the users need to have for managing all the services they might have with me including non voice or PBX related services.

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I had a similar issue and was able to fairly trivially migrate several hundred UCP users from one server to another. A residential project I’m working on required several FreePBX servers to be created to redistribute users from a single, over-capacity server (kamailio front-end proxy, central UCP login URL with redirect to correct server, auto-migration of PROXY/TRUNK settings based-on which server extension lived, etc.). The original server had nearly 1000 extensions, most with UCP credentials.

Do this:

1. Grab all rows from userman_users on old server.
  2. Place users on new server. I did this through an INSERT without the id column, grabbing the new id for later use
  3. Grab all rows from userman_users_settings on old server
  4. Renumber uid column on settings table to match new ids from 2
  5. Insert

This “may” also work for cloning a dashboard from a template server, but determining the uniqueness of UUIDs in the dashboard entries was out of the project scope.

TL;DR this works, and all dashboard information is preserved.

First asked in 2017, still no resolution to this?
I’ll admit, there are more pressing matters, but forcing a (possibly) inexperienced user to create their own dashboard simply isnt feasible.

Is creating a default dashboard for new users going to be an option within the userman module anytime soon?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/UCP+User+Templates

1 Like