Default emailbody in FreePBX 12?

I changed the emailbody in FreePBX 12 by accident. Can someone post the default for me so I can fix it without reinstalling?

I have

${VM_NAME},\n\nThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CALLERID}\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n\n

Thanks for responding. Is that the default?

I’m surprised. The old version used to have a link to ARI. I would have expected the new one to have a link to the UCP. :frowning:

Pretty sure. You could add the UCP link and I think the idea is to not add it in case it’s not set up :wink:

That is exactly the reason. Since it’s a user configurable string we aren’t going to just go in and assert what we are doing is true. Furthermore people can still use ARI (and they do!)

Hi Andrew!

When I migrated over from 2.11, I just copied the field over and then realized that ARI was still working. I guessed (wrongly) that you might have updated this field to point to UCP, but it also makes sense that you might just delete it (which is what you did).

FYI- It’d be nice if you included the various variables you can use in the tooltip for this field, as there are several that are available but are not listed in the sample, and unless someone knows about Asterisk’s template .conf files, most users may never discover them. :slight_smile:

Did not delete it. Haven’t touched it. That’s the default. The reason was if you saw ARI in there

Overkill’s message indicates that you deleted it, “it” being the link to the ARI.

In prior versions of FreePBX, the link to the ARI was included. Now, you’ve removed it.

I said that the idea is not to add a link in the default; this would be presumptuous to do because (A) UCP/Recordings might not be configured at all and (B) even if they are, it’s also possible the users aren’t given access to it because users f up everything they touch.

You also stated that the default value is:

${VM_NAME},\n\nThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CALLERID}\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n\n

That demonstrates to me that they deleted it. In prior versions of FreePBX, the default included a link to the ARI.

I don’t agree with you that it was presumptuous to include the link. Including it alerts people to the option. Once you know about the option, you can always delete it. However, if the information is not included, you might never know about that option (or never consider including it).

More information is always better. That’s why I recommended adding information in the tooltips about the other variables that are not mentioned in the default value, but which are available.

You could also just look at the code: FreePBX / framework / 4a13274cee7 - FreePBX GIT

That presumes that I knew how to find it (before you gave me the link)… :slight_smile:

Anyway…does this cover what you needed? This is going to spiral out of control if we let it :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I’m not sure. The link Andrew gave me shows more than what you posted, but the text on the link Andrew sent to me scrolls off to the right of the screen, and there’s no way to see the rest of it.

:frowning:

Triple click the text:

emailbody=${VM_NAME},\n\nThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CALLERID}\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n\nDial *98 to access your voicemail by phone.\nVisit http://AMPWEBADDRESS/ucp to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n

Formerly:

emailbody=${VM_NAME},\n\nThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CALLERID}\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n\nDial *98 to access your voicemail by phone.\nVisit http://AMPWEBADDRESS/recordings/index.php to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n

So you were right about the link, I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Triple click the text to select the line, or you can view the raw source and it wraps around. You have options :smile:

Use your mouse and scroll to the right…

The scroll wheel on my house only goes up and down.

Turn it sideways perhaps ? :wink: (or use the scroll bars maybe or select the text . . . there are many ways )

As I already said, there are no scroll bars on the screen.

Many way were presented to you. (Including Dicko’s “select the text”) We can only do so much to help.