Dead end...FreePBX 2.4 with Asterisk 1.6

I want 1.6 because of it’s support for TLS-SIP…

The asterisk install on Ubuntu 8.04 went fine. I can start and stop asterisk just fine. It’s FreePBX that I’m trying to install…

I had a similar symptom (unable to connect to manager etc) when running Freepbx2.5 install_amp on a new centos 5.2 box with asterisk 1.6. The passwords were ok and the included conf files existed. ps -A showed asterisk and safe asterisk processes were running. Interestingly “asterisk -r” also failed with “Unable to connect to remote asterisk”.

I killed the safe asterisk and asterisk processes and restarted asterisk with ./start_asterisk start and all was then well. I would be interested to know what may have caused this problem

Next time this happens check the PID of the running process against the saved one at /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid I did have this problem once before and that was the issue. But that was over a year ago when I saw it last.

Had exactly the same message “Unable to connect to manager 127.0.0.1:5038 (111): Connection refused” while installing freepbx 2.5.1 with asterisk 1.6.0.6 and CentOS 5.2

I did “asterisk -r” and it showed me “Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)”

I listed the directory ‘/var/run/asterisk’ but it was empty
while checking the pid file for asterisk I saw that the file “asterisk.ctl” existed in “/var/run instead”, just I did “ln -s /var/run/asterisk.ctl /var/run/asterisk”

It worked without that error message but of course it warned that the modules already existed

I have the same problem.
I am using asterisk 1.4.12 with free pbx 2.5. The os is centos 5.2.
One information that helped me was the no user is shown when u run the command “manager show users”. I reloaded the settings by using the “reload” command. then i used the “manager show users”. it was able to see the admin user. Then I re-runned the script - ./install_amp --username=asteriskuser --password=xxxxxx

then it worked for me.

I hope this helps.