Day/Night Toggle with Multiple Sites

I’m looking to set up 20 or so separate sites on a single FreePBX server (different locations, but one organization), however I’m running into some issues regarding time conditions.

I’d like each site to be able to manually override their day/night mode individually. Initially it didn’t seem to be a problem, just set up individual time conditions for the sites and enable the override code. However I have two issues with that.

1. How can I stop extensions at site A from accidentally toggling site B’s time conditions if they accidentally enter in the wrong override code? Is there a way to allow only certain extensions access to this feature (ie. only a receptionist can toggle it?)

Which in a way brings me to my second question

1. It would be much nicer if I could use the same Feature Code to toggle day/night at every site (ie. user at site A enters *280 and it toggles the Time Condition for site A only, user B enters *280 and it toggles the Time Condition for site B only). Is there any way to make this happen? Likely I’d have to configure custom contexts for each site?

Thanks!

just a wag… but an agi script could probably be called with you enter the override code and determine ‘who’ entered the code and make the appropriate
system change… something like that… just a thought.

jack

To prevent accidental triggering by someone dialing the wrong code, I use the “Optional Password”. Maybe use the street address number for each location or something simple like that. That prevents accidental triggering…

BF

I think you can only specify the password if you set it up as a Call Flow Toggle Control? But then I believe I’m limited to 10 codes (*280-*289) and I need to set up 20+ sites.

Not being particularly well versed in AGI scripts, how would I go about doing this? My theory would be something like this

Create a custom feature code in ext-featurecodes-custom for *280 that executes the script.Something like
exten => *280,1,exec(somescript)

and then have the script do the following:
if dialingextension == 2[2-3][0-9][0-9] then Goto(from-internal,*272,1)
elseif dialingextension == 2[4-5][0-9][0-9] then Goto(from-internal,*274,1)
elseif dialingextension == 2[6-7][0-9][0-9] then Goto(from-internal,*276,1)
etc etc
else hangup

That matches the sites extension ranges, and then goes to the feature code assigned on the time condition page. Obviously I have no idea what the actual syntax to use but I’m just curious if what I’m thinking will work.

I am really, really new to freepbx / agi scripts… keep that in mind. I created a misc destination and overrid it in my
extensions_override_freepbx.conf
file…

[app-miscapps]
include => app-miscapps-custom
exten => *111,1,Noop(Running miscapp 1: group_override)
exten => *111,n,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => *111,n,AGI(group_overide.agi)
exten => *111,n,Goto(ext-featurecodes,${FEATURE_CODE},1)
exten => *111,n,Goto(app-miscapps,1,1)
exten => 1,1,Hangup

;–== end of [app-miscapps] ==–;

then /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/group_overide.agi
would get the extenion of the user from:
$agi->request[‘agi_callerid’];
and based on that extension… return the ‘correct’ FEATURE_CODE using:
$agi->set_variable(‘FEATURE_CODE’, $data);
where $data is the feature code associated with the incomming extension.

… something like that. I don’t know of a way to do the time conditions with out seting up a feature code for each one. It would probably be easier if you could do it that way.

I might be able to take a quick stab at this this weekend if you don’t have a better solution by then… or someone that knows what they are doing explains why this would not work. I am 95% sure that this can work this way… just 10% sure that this is the best way. :wink:

jack

I may end up using call flow anyways, as I came across a blog post on how to increase the number of flows: http://sysadminman.net/blog/2013/daynight-aka-call-flow-control-more-than-10-4884
I’d much rather use call flows than the time codes, since you can password them as you mentioned, as well as the fact that they set the BLF on the phones. I may still see if I can incorporate Jack’s AGI script to have an additional “standardized” feature code.

That might not actually work because the Flow Control won’t automatically kick-out of override mode like the time condition automatically resets when it switches states. Hrm.