Dashboard Mail Queue Error

PBX Version:

PBX Distro:
12.7.6-2002-2.sng7

Asterisk Version:

For some unknown reason recently, Postfix started throwing permission errors when trying to send outgoing emails. The maillog was full of these messages:

postfix/postdrop[228829]: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/791798.228829: Permission denied

The issue was fixed by resetting permissions:
chmod 3730 /var/spool/postfix/maildrop
Which results in:
ls -l /var/spool/postfix/
drwx-ws–T+ 2 postfix postdrop 6 Jul 16 23:53 maildrop
…which is the setting recommended by Postfix. After running fwconsole chown the permissions are unchanged from the above.

It was also noted that the Sangoma-root partition was nearly full, which may have contributed to this issue. I have now removed many obsolete recordings and log files and also expanded the disk partition so the system is now at 50% capacity.

Postfix is now operating normally with no errors in the maillog.

However on the FreePBX Dashboard, the Mail Queue is showing a flame error with the following notice:

Unknown Output from mailq:[[“postqueue:fatal:Connect to the Postfix showq service:Permission denied”],69]

Please note the Postfix is operating normally now.
I have performed fwconsole chown twice and fwconsole restart to no effect.
I have also added asterisk user to the postdrop group and restarted again, but still no effect.

Any ideas where to look next would be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.