Dahdi not working

Hi guys i did a yum update and now when i do amportal restart i get these errors

STARTING DAHDI FOR DIGIUM CARDS
Loading DAHDI hardware modules:
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
  wct4xxp:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcte12xp:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  wct1xxp:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcte11xp:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  wctdm24xxp:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcfxo:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  wctdm:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcb4xxp:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  wctc4xxp:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
  xpp_usb:  FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-16-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]

Error: missing /dev/dahdi!
Dahdi Started

Please assist

With the yum update, you probably replaced the Kernel and the DAHDI drivers - they are depentdent on DAHDI being compiled for the specific kernel - reboot the machine to get the newer kernel, and the aligned DAHDI should load.

Seems like your kernel is ProxMox v.3 which is Debian based , you will probably need to get the kernel headers and recompile dahdi from source, you will need to do that every-time the PVE kernel increments

Thank you for the replies, how do i reboot the machine to a different kernel?
I am a bit lost here.

Just reboot to see if the updated kernel works with Dahdi - when a newer kernel is installed, it is automatically set as the new default kernel. Reboot and see if DAHDI loads - if it does not, you will need to do as Dicko says and compile from source - it’s not that hard.

I rebooted the machine several times and the Kernel still comes up as 2.6.32-16-pve
I downloaded the pve headers on the proxmox server and it is still showing up

DO i need to download them to this server?

If you have a proxmox kernel, it is highly unlikely that yum updates , alien might just possibly,but not for kernel modules like dahdi.

Changing a running macine from debian to redhat is VERY hard.

Send us your
uname -a

Linux 2.6.32-16-pve #1 SMP Mon Oct 22 08:38:13 CEST 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Not looking good for you :wink:

now

cat /etc/issue

if it is in fact a Debian OS

then
cd usr/src
wget http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux-complete/dahdi-linux-complete-current.tar.gz
tar -zxsvf dahdi-linux-complete/dahdi-linux-complete-current.tar.gz
cd dahdi*

make;make install;make config

If it bitches get the needed binaries, I( Personally I think you need to talk to the guy who installed your system)

Hoopefully it will :wink:

SHMZ release 6.5 (Final)
Kernel \r on an \m

hey guys any news about this i am really breaking my head here

Thank you

As I suggested , please ask the guy who installed your system :wink: if it was you then you might need to start over. Perhaps your /etc/apt/* or /etc/yum* files are screwed up

perhaps

ls -l /boot

?