DAHDI Not functioning

I had a working install of Trixbox. I followed the instructions to upgrade to the latest version of FreePBX (2.10).
I also upgraded to Asterisk 1.8.9.3

I have everything working fine with my voip trunks and extensions.
However, my PSTN line (FXO) is not functioning. Incoming calls just ring and are not seen in the asterisk log. Outgoing calls say “all circuits are busy”.

I can use dahdi_tool to see my FXO and everything appears fine.

Other commands I have used:

[trixbox1.localdomain ~]# dahdi_scan
[1]
active=yes
alarms=OK
description=Generic Clone Board 1
name=WCFXO/0
manufacturer=Digium
devicetype=Generic Clone
location=PCI Bus 03 Slot 11
basechan=1
totchans=1
irq=209
type=analog
port=1,FXO

[trixbox1.localdomain ~]# lsdahdi
### Span  1: WCFXO/0 "Generic Clone Board 1" (MASTER)
  1 FXO        FXSKS       (SWEC: OSLEC) (battery)

[trixbox1.localdomain ~]# dahdi show channels
-bash: dahdi: command not found

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I have the same problem after the update. Any hints?

I have tried to build dahdi and reinstall asterisk 1.8 again. Everything appeared to build and install fine as far as I can tell, but when I try to restart asterisk and dahdi I see in the log:

[2012-03-02 15:20:01] WARNING[3066] loader.c: Module 'chan_dahdi.so' was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk.
[2012-03-02 15:20:01] WARNING[3066] loader.c: Module 'chan_dahdi.so' will not be initialized as it may cause instability.
[2012-03-02 15:20:01] WARNING[3066] loader.c: Module 'chan_dahdi.so' could not be loaded.

So am I missing a step when I am installing the new dahdi? For dahdi I did make all, make install, and make config before installing asterisk.

OK, I reinstalled asterisk again, and it got rid of those errors.
I used these instructions http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-11334.html
Now when I try to make a call, I get the following in the log:

    -- Executing [[email protected]:22] Dial("SIP/201-0000000e", "DAHDI/g0/,300,tT") in new stack
[2012-03-02 17:02:38] WARNING[17879]: app_dial.c:2218 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'DAHDI' (cause 0 - Unknown)
trixbox1*CLI> module reload chan_dahdi.so
 Destroying channels and reloading DAHDI configuration.
       > Initial softhangup of all DAHDI channels complete.
       > Final softhangup of all DAHDI channels complete.
    -- Unregistered channel -2
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf':   == Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_additional.conf':   == Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/users.conf':   == Found
    -- Automatically generated pseudo channel
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to 'signalling' (on reload) at line 12.
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to 'rxwink' (on reload) at line 13.
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to 'loadzone' (on reload) at line 14.
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to 'defaultzone' (on reload) at line 15.
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to 'userbase' (on reload) at line 23.
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to 'vmsecret' (on reload) at line 31.
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring  any changes to 'hassip' (on reload) at line 35.
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to 'hasiax' (on reload) at line 39.
[2012-03-02 17:13:36] WARNING[18132]: chan_dahdi.c:17809 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to 'hasmanager' (on reload) at line 47.

I added a little more information. I was getting an error about echocanceler, but I changed that to mg2 (from oslec) and I am not getting any errors. It seems like the calls just aren’t routing properly. I’m just not sure how to troubleshoot that.
Whenever I receive a call on the pstn line, nothing shows up in the asterisk log.

Look at your full log when you reload DAHDI. Must be an error in a config file keeping it from loading or you did not rebuild chan_dahdi when you upgraded to Asterisk 1.8

OK, I got it working.
I ran the following:

trixbox1*CLI> dahdi show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret        Blocked    State
 pseudo            default                    default                         In Service

I only had a pseudo extension. I was missing extension 1.
So I figured out I had to add “channel=>1” near the end (before the includes) of my chan_dahdi.conf.
Everything is working now. You can mark it as solved.