Dahdi Fails to detect calls after (?) event

I am working with Digium support on this issue [[00274180] card intermiten​tly stops passing calls]], but wanted to tap into the FreePBX community to see if perhaps anyone else has come across this issue or has any ideas how to fix.

Problem: Dahdi starts off capabale of detecting, answering and making phone calls, no issues then after some unknown event dahdi stops recognizing calls at all on all 4 channels… also unable to place calls. Restarting/reloading Dahdi fails and ampotal restart in FreePBX does not fix it. At one point there was even a kernel panic and the server had to be powered off manually.

What I am using:
Dell Poweredge 210 II / Intel i3 / 2GB ram
FreePBX 2.10.0.2
Asterisk 1.8.9.3
DAHDI Version: 2.6.0 Echo Canceller: HWEC, MG2 (PCIe)
Linux version 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5 (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-51)) #1 SMP Tue Sep 6 20:14:03 EDT 2011

Digium support also modified and added to file:
/etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf
options wctdm24xxp fxovoltage=1

Not enough info? just ask and I will pull any info you need. I will try anything at this point… kinda frustrating.

Do I have a bad card? Bad modules? Bad driver?
Does Dell just not work with Digium prducts?

help.

I think its dahdi 2.6. I see others having issues the past few days with dahdi 2.6 but still waiting for some concrete evidence of this.

Just got off the phone with Digium and it appears that the issue is with the CentOS kernel version.

They recommended updating to 2.6.32 or later.
Is that even possible with the latest Distro without breaking things?

I was also given this link as an alternative:
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/DAHLIN-283

I am moving in the direction of updating the kernel if that wont break the latest FreePBX Distro or perhaps the devs can up it in the next release?

Ok so after a bit of research I find that CentOS 5.7 kernel version only goes to 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5 and FreePBX does not support CentOS 6. (yet?)

I am kind of in a bind here wondering what to do.
Do I go full Debian build or take my chances with CentOS 6 upgrade?
Does anyone know how soon FreePBX will use CentOS 6? (beta?)
Is anyone running a stable CentOS 6 PBX?

I fully understand the reasoning for using 5.7, its stable and proven, however in scenarios like this when the Hardware outdates the OS it becomes a bit of a challenge.

Another alternative is to put pressure on Digium to add the support to turn off ASPM in the driver. (not a untested “beta” patch)