DAHDI E1 setup with Rhino R1T1 T1/PRI and FreePBX 14, Asterisk 13

I’m trying to setup DAHDI with Rhino in Europe (ISDN Pri).
I only see 24 channels, which means it is still in T1 mode. How do I switch it to ISDN Pri (E1)?

Maybe that particular model has physical jumpers on the board to hardcore the PRI mode?

I haven’t looked at the config for a Rhino card in over 10 years, but I had an installation with three of them operating as T1 cards. The config options were all in the proprietary/DAHDI driver, so (IIRC) you need to make sure the Rhino Configuration file (I don’t remember if it was in the standard dahdi configs or if it was in a separate file) needs to correctly identify both the type of the card and the number of channels that the card is expecting.

Back in the Asterisk 1.4 days (not 14, 1.4), @jfinstrom was pretty helpful when I was trying to get mine working. Maybe he remembers something.

It is a module param

parm:           debug:1 for debugging messages (int)
parm:           e1:1 for E1 mode set from module_param (int)
parm:           ec_disable:int
parm:           ec_sw:int
parm:           no_ec:int
parm:           nlp_type:0 - off, 1 - mute, 2 - rand, 3 - hoth, 4 - supp (int)

modprobe r1t1 e1=1

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses!

There is no jumper on the card.

Can someone please give me more precise instructions what to do with:

parm: debug:1 for debugging messages (int)
parm: e1:1 for E1 mode set from module_param (int)
parm: ec_disable:int
parm: ec_sw:int
parm: no_ec:int
parm: nlp_type:0 - off, 1 - mute, 2 - rand, 3 - hoth, 4 - supp (int)

I did: modprobe r1t1 e1=1 but it’s still showing 24 channels. I restarted the FreePBX server.

And one more thing. Can someone please clarify if I need to install additional drivers?

@jfinstrom or anyone? :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.