DAHDI Configuration module

I would like to know where I can find or install the DAHDI configuration module described in

http://kb.digium.com/articles/Configuration/DAHDI-configuration-in-AsteriskNOW-with-FreePBX?retURL=%2F&popup=false

It assumes I have installed an AsteriskNOW distro but I have FreePBX Distro and I can’t see any DAHDI configuration module installed or in the Module Admin. Anybody knows how to install it?

I installed the drivers and it seems OK. If I write “dahdi show status” in Asterisk CLI it shows:
Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC Fra Codi Options LBO
Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5 OK 0 0 0 CAS Unk 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

and if I write “dahdi show channels” it shows:

Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret Blocked State
pseudo default default In Service

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rule number one of VoIP. Don’t use AsteriskNow. Rule two. Don’t use the Digium DAHDI module, it does not work. You need to configure DAHDI using the congif files, not the GUI.

Thanks Alan,

We aren’t using AsteriskNOW thanks to the advice of a member of this community. We are using the FreePBX Distro.

We have created a DAHDi trunk with a Dahdi identifer g0. So we have to modify chan_dahdi.conf in order to give that name to a channel, haven’t we? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

We created an outbund route linked to this trunk. We created a pattern (NXXXXXXX) for 7 digits calls but it says that the call can’t be made (I don’t know the exact words in English as we have the application in Spanish).

Have you any idea what’s left?

I assume from above this is for a PRI card and not a modem…

1st i run these 2 commands:
a) dahdi_genconf -vF
b) dahdi_cfg -vf

then i edit /etc/dahdi/system.conf

Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Fri Aug 3 02:39:59 2012

If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,

your manual changes will be LOST.

Dahdi Configuration File

This file is parsed by the Dahdi Configurator, dahdi_cfg

Span 1: TE2/0/1 “T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1” (MASTER)

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

termtype: te

bchan=1-23
dchan=24
echocanceller=mg2,1-23

Span 2: TE2/0/2 “T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2”

span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs

termtype: te

bchan=25-47
dchan=48
echocanceller=mg2,25-47

Global data

loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

THEN RESTART ASTERISK!

This is no longer true. The module is now sponsored by Schmoozecom and has been updated and released in 2.10 and 2.11