Customer wants the phone to stop ringing except for a reminder ring every 30 seconds

A customer has posed a question that I am not familiar with a solution or how to answer.

Customer has a standard queue with an extension as static member. They would like for that extension to stop ringing after approx 4-5 rings however to provide a reminder ring or audible indication every 30 seconds there is still someone in the queue and the ability to pickup the queue call at any point.

Any ideas how we can accomplish this? I have been told that where this customer use to work they had this feature in their phone system.

Have you yet consumed the wiki at

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Queues+Module+User+Guide

?

Generally you need to assure the caller not the callee about negligence , that is what your agents are paid to do. If they refuse to answer then make the queue re-entrant.

Hi @dicko I have been using FreePBX for over 15 years now (asterisk @home originally) and I have setup a large number of servers. I am very familiar with the queuing features and its setup also.

I would set it up to go to one queue for 30 seconds so the static extension would have the initial rings, I would failover to another queue that would only ring once ever 30 seconds or so, I get all that.

Where I am a little confused however is how to allow them to pickup the call at anytime vs. only when it is ringing. Should I create a BLF possibly for another phantom extension that I will also put into the queue as a static extension and allow them to select that BLF when they are ready to answer the phone??

I just thought I would put this out there to see if anyone had a better way of handling this customers request than that??

edit … acutally now that I reread the statement I made above that would not work either “Should I create a BLF possibly for another phantom extension that I will also put into the queue as a static extension and allow them to select that BLF when they are ready to answer the phone??” The other static extension would only be ringing once ever 30 seconds as well so that would not work either.

Any thoughts anyone??? Dicko I know you have a solution, can you help me out possibly???

Also been there , but I believe that it would be hard to find an asterisk@home older that 2005 :wink:

There is a difference even then of using XXXX or XXXX# as a destination,

If in a queue then pretty well anything with an # will likely not do what you want. :slight_smile: if you use XXXX and expect dynamic forwarding then also it might just not work.

1 Like

Yup then did my first trixbox in 2006 I think.

Anyway we can manually pickup calls from a queue possibly, other than from picking up a ringing extension??