Custom modifications to [ext-intercom]

On my FreePBX/Asterisk installation, FreePBX auto-generates the following in extensions_additional.conf:

[ext-intercom]
include => ext-intercom-custom
exten => _*80.,1,Set(dialnumber=${EXTEN:3})
exten => _*80.,n,dbGet(user-intercom=AMPUSER/${dialnumber}/intercom)
exten => _*80.,n,GotoIf($["${user-intercom}" = “disabled” ]?nointercom)
exten => _*80.,n,Set(__SIPADDHEADER=Call-Info: ;answer-after=0)
exten => _*80.,n,Set(__ALERT_INFO=Ring Answer)
exten => _*80.,n,Set(__SIP_URI_OPTIONS=intercom=true)
----------------------< snip >---------------------------

The problem is that my Aastra phones won’t work with this. To get intercom to work, I have to manually replace:

exten => _*80.,n,Set(__ALERT_INFO=Ring Answer)

with:

exten => _*80.,n,Set(__SIPADDHEADER=Alert-Info: ;info=alert-autoanswer)

I’m getting tired of having to manually patch extensions_additional.conf anytime I make a change in FreePBX. How can I change my FreePBX installation to use the code I need instead of the stock code? Is this stored in a template, module or database somewhere?

I’ve tried putting the correct context in extensions_custom.conf, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

You’re welcome!

You are also correct, currently only a single method is supported regardless of which phones you use - as you’ve discovered, this isn’t selectable without modifying code.

I did read somewhere about this being changed in the future…

M

Mag:

Eureka! That’s the fix I was looking for. Thanks very, very much!

That raises another question: if different phones handle intercom/paging differently, does this mean that FreePBX only supports a single option system-wide? In other words, does this mean that you can’t successfully use different phones using different methods on the Asterisk server?

Thanks very much again!

Ken

You need to modify this file
/var/www/html/admin/modules/paging/functions.inc.php
although these changes will be lost if/when you update your paging module.

As different phones handle intercom/paging differently, there should ideally be a setting indicating which method to use for each SIP extension. I believe there has been talk on this before.

HTH

M