Custom Extension not detecting cell phone pickup

Hi,

I have the strangest thing happening, when I dial a custom extension that has been set up as an external number, the number dials just fine but for some reason the system never detects that the cell phone has answered and it keeps on ringing. If I dial the number directly (we dial 9 to get out) without using an extension it works just fine. In the CLI output I did notice one difference:

WHEN DIALED FROM EXTENSION

Executing Dial(“Local/[email protected],2”, “ZAP/g2/xxxxxxx|300|M(setmusic^none)TW”) in new stack
– Called g2/xxxxxxx
– Zap/1-1 is ringing
– Local/[email protected],1 is ringing
– Zap/1-1 is ringing

WHEN DIALED DIRECTLY

Executing Dial(“SIP/498-60c6”, “ZAP/g2/xxxxxxx|300|M(setmusic^none)TW”) in new stack
– Called g2/xxxxxxx
– Zap/1-1 is ringing
– Zap/1-1 is ringing
– Zap/1-1 is ringing

I also noticed a slightly lower ring volume when I dial directly, the same issue occurs with all providers Spint, Verizon, etc we use so I do not believe the telco is the problem (gee that means I fubared something…).

Also if it helps I have tried setting the initial ring time to 0 (and up to 10 seconds) and I have also tried ringallv2, ringall and hunt ring strategies. The ring time is set to 30 seconds and the external number is followed by a ‘#’ as recommended. What am I missing here. Oh I also do not list the internal extension in the follow me list only the outside number is listed.

Thanks

Just for grins and giggles, don’t use a custom extension. Instead, create a Misc. Destination for the cell phone number, then create a Misc. Application and make the feature code the former custom extension number, and make the destination the Misc. destination for the cell. Don’t know if that will make any difference, but it’s worth a try.