Custom Contexts broken in FreePBX 2.3.1.3

Sorry for not replying earlier, It seems I didnt subscribe to this when I originalyl posted, so I am not getting emaisl to say anthing has been going one.

yes my fix was “hey thats not right, ah that fixes it” and as pointed out there are a few places that may also need to be sorted.
I am keen to contribute, but I am under a few time constraints at the moment on other projects as we are adding new functionality to some new software.
I will see what I can do over the next week or so.

Jeremy

Hi,

I’m not a big hitter when it comes to writing code. But I’m more than an adequate pinch hitter and will be happy to step up to the plate.
Analogies aside, I’m saying that I’d like to volunteer to maintain the code for this contributed module, and perhaps other ones as well.

• Ethan Lee

pm or email me and we can make arrangements

Any progress? I’m asking because on FreePbx 2.4 they won’t work :frowning:

Added: Ok, i make some suplementary test and it work, but in “Extension” section i have to add the context manually, the drop-down menu show only “ALLOW ALL” context.

I’ve just installed CustomContexts - first 0.3.3, then later 0.3.4, on my FreePBX 2.3.1.0

I can define custom contexts. When I go to EXTENSIONS and choose an extension from the dropdown list, and submit the change, and then click on the orange (formerly red) bar, the changes are NOT saved. By default, each extension has NO Custom Context defined, not even the “DEFAULT” setting. The whole thing is therefore not working because it simply won’t let me set a Custom Context on any extension.

Help?

Please disregard my last comment - looks like moving from 0.3.3 to 0.3.4 DID fix the problem, it just didn’t do it in an obvious fashion - ie: each time I click on a particular extension, the “Custom Context” field defaults to blank, but when I choose one of the contexts, and then submit it, it DOES update the context properly. All is working perfectly - thanks to the author for an AWESOME module! :slight_smile:

Has anyone the problem with the directPickup (function **) with the FreePBX 2.4 + CustomContexts? I make changes described in the ticket 2510 , it work, but just for incoming external calls. For internal calls they not work at all.

with version 0.3.3 and version 0.3.4 I can’t save the extension’s custom context…, it doesn’t retain the setting.
The only thing that it’s making me doubt it’s if this module work mandatorely with authtype = database , because I have it set to authtype = none…
could someone let me know if this is necesary??
thank you!

Philip,

Can you point to a place/link that talks about dial context and say:

what it is
what it will do
when it will come out

Thanks, much appreciated.

Please advise as requested above.

Thanks.

you see the message 4 up?

Notice that the word CustomContexts is a link? Click on it. It takes you to all kinds of information… Also if you search this site you’ll find plenty of information.

Hi

I just installed your customcontexts module into elastix (freebpx interface) and everything went well but I noticed that this cause issue with my voicemail *97, *98 as they fallback to english. After some research, I found out that the order of the includes inside the extensions_additional is wrong and app_vmmail is not called before going out to the trunk.

include => From-Internal-to-4503051130-custom
include => parkedcalls
include => from-internal-custom
include => ext-group
include => outrt-2
include => grps
include => app-speeddial
include => app-pbdirectory
include => app-dialvm
include => app-vmmain
include => app-fmf-toggle
include => ext-findmefollow
include => fmgrps
include => app-dictate-record
include => app-dictate-send
include => app-cf-busy-off
include => app-cf-busy-off-any
include => app-cf-busy-on
include => app-cf-off
include => app-cf-off-any
include => app-cf-on
include => app-cf-unavailable-off
include => app-cf-unavailable-on
include => app-cf-toggle
include => app-gabcast
include => ext-paging
include => app-languages
include => app-fax

This make the voicemail go directly to english and ignore all default language settings.

If I change that order to brind app-vmmail and app-dialvm everything work fine for the languages.

If I change that order to bring app-vmmail and app-dialvm closer to the top. Everything work fine for the languages in the vm.

customcontexts-2.8.0rc1.1.tgz sorry I forgot to mention

2.8 is unsupported.