Custom Behavior for BLF Keys

I have a FreePBX running version 12.0.76.4 and mostly Grandstream Phones (2160’s if you’re interested).

I’m trying to set up the phones so they show a difference between when a person is on Do Not Disturb (DND) and when the person is on a call. Default behavior is that they both show up as a solid red light.

I wasn’t sure if the best way to change this was to try and change it on the end point or with the status messages from the server. Preferably I would like to either change the blink rate for the different status’ or simply send no BLF presence when the line is in DND.

I think I have a decent grasp of how to the FreePBX/Asterisk works, but this problem is outside of my skills to solve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I haven’t received a reply, so I’m bumping this to see if anyone is available.

Thanks

Bumping again, but it looks like this post may be dead.

A reply:

In order to do this, two things have to happen:

1. You BLF has to be programmed to subscribe to the DND and line status of the line in question.
  2. The hints that get generated for DND have to be active.

So, to foist the fun back on you - find the hints you want to track (log into the Asterisk CLI and “show hints”) and then program your BLF to subscribe to both. Unfortunately, I think this “subscribe to multiple hints” thing is going to be phone specific.

1 Like

This question needs to go to Grandstream. Asterisk blindly generates the hints and hint status, it is up to the registered device as to how these will be interpreted. Grandstream (and most other manufacturers) have chosen to represent both statuses ‘InUse’ and ‘Busy’ with a solid LED.

Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks for the help, this has opened up a new section of the PBX’s that I haven’t understood before. I’ve been searching around for a while, but I couldn’t figure out the right terms and verbiage to look for.

I guess my next stop is looking into BLF call states on the Grandstream phones.

Again, I really appreciate your help.

1 Like