cron_manager.EXECFAIL on endpointman/includes/update_check.php

Any insight to the following error is very much appreciated:
“The following commands failed with the listed error
php /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/update_check.php (1)”

While I just registered as a user, I have found your forums greatly helpful since the FreePBX (2.9.0.7) portion of our VOIP implementation was dropped in my lap a month ago. Our system admins have been working to familiarize themselves with the Asterisk/Linux side as far as changing all the passwords on account of the project lead’s departure. Naturally, that is usually my first check when encountering errors.

When searching by cron_manager.EXECFAIL, the only results are dealing with “listonline” issues. And, of course, a search of update_check.php returns no results.

I am able to successfully Check for Updates in the End Point Configuration Manager module, download updates, and update the firmware. To me, that would indicate my user and passwords are okay.

Again, any assistance or direction on where to look for clues is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

You must have been running an EXTREMELY old version of endpoint manager at some point because that file hasn’t been used in over a year. Actually by running it you are risking messing up your whole installation.

I will delete it in the next release. Please delete it from your system and from your cron jobs.

Thank you very much for your help. The lead did start this project 2 years ago. So, I’m sure it is as you said, we were running an old version initially. Thanks for your time! :slight_smile:

Endpoint manager is uninstalled on my FreePBX 2.10 machine but I still get this error message every hour. Any idea how to stop the error messages? The directory at /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/ is empty.