Cron Errors

FreePBX 16 distro

I started getting a larger number of emails with the following error like clockwork:

[ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && /usr/sbin/fwconsole job --run --quiet 2>&1 > /dev/null

The body of the email just says:

stream_select: timeout expired !

Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this?

I found a couple of posts that indicate some kind of issue with Dashboard. Not entirely sure of the fix though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freepbx/comments/6atovb/stream_select_timeout_expired/
https://community.freepbx.org/t/solved-freepbx-sending-emails-every-60-seconds/33580/16

Yeah, saw those, but it didn’t really guide me in a specific direction.

I opened a bug report. [FREEPBX-24396] Thousands of Cron Emails Per Day - Sangoma Issue Tracker

I also noticed the dashboard never fully loads; it seems to get stuck at 91%. maybe something to do with one of the webparts or the dashboard module itself.

Do you have RSS feeds in Advanced Settings? If so, remove them and see if the dashboard does the same thing.

I didn’t touch the RSS feeds, so they were on with the defaults. I removed the URLs from the RSS Feeds section under advanced settings. There was no change in behavior unfortunately.

Well I am being told that it is not a bug, even though all impacted servers (10) were all installed from the same distro at the same time. They are not even in production. Nothing is on them. It appears to be a dashboard issue (maybe).

PBX Version:
PBX Distro:
12.7.8-2306-1.sng7
Asterisk Version:

1. /usr/sbin/fwconsole job --run
Running pagingpro :: scheduler ...
Done with scheduler
Running calendar :: sync ...
Starting Calendar Sync...
Finished
Done with sync
Running iotserver :: checkSystemSettings ...
Done with checkSystemSettings
Running iotserver :: checkSystemSettingsSh ...
Done with checkSystemSettingsSh
Running timeconditions :: schedtc ...
Done with schedtc
Running dashboard :: scheduler ...
Done with scheduler
Running pms :: wu_alert ...
Done with wu_alert

Looks like dashboard maybe?

Module admin returns:

{noformat}
System Dashboard16.0.20StableSangoma Technologies CorporationAGPLv3+Enabled {noformat}

The dashboard stalls at 91% loaded for minutes then eventually comes in, but it looks like the System Overview widget does not load.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Perhaps inspect the console for any warnings or errors, and even take a look at all the network requests to see if there is something hanging?

Its right here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.