Critical System Error

Hello everyone,
I upgraded my freepbx 12 to freepbx 13 and then 13 to 14. i followed all steps outlined in the wiki and was able to iron all the little issues that come with upgrading systems. whenever I ssh into the system I get critical system error unable to generate motd the /usr/sbin/fwconsole file is not accessible

but the odd thing is that nothing negative has happened. I am able to register phones and use the system fully.
is there anything I should be looking for that would either get rid of that error or show me an issue besides that?
Thank you in advance

As what user are you ssh’ing to the system?

1 Like

I am SSH’ing as Root

post the issue of:-

whoami; ls -l $(which fwconsole)

I typod’s (and corrected replace : with ; ) whoami will tell you who you logged in as, then which fwconsole will tell you where that user thinks fwconsole is, then the ls -l would confirm the ownership, size and location of that file.

Does /usr/sbin/fwconsole exist?

[root@localhost ~]# locate fwconsole
/usr/local/sbin/fwconsole
/usr/src/freepbx-14.0.1.20/amp_conf/bin/fwconsole
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole
[root@localhost ~]#

[root@localhost ~]# whoami; ls -l $(which fwconsole)
root
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Jan 24 11:45 /usr/local/sbin/fwconsole -> /var/lib/ast erisk/bin/fwconsole
[root@localhost ~]#

/usr/local/sbin/fwconsole looks the same as my working one.

ls -l /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole
-rwxrwxr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 4263 Jan 26 22:37 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole

Does your /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole look the same as mine?

yes adtopkek, I do have the same /usr/local/sbin/fwconsole. and also I do see /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole
when i first installed and updated things did not work at all but slowly i rebuilt the system with upgraded modules and I needed to use amportal chown and then fwconsole chown. currently everything is working perfectly I just dont know if i can safely ignore this

You guys need to know the difference between a symlinked file and a real one

so next step

ls -l /var/lib/ast erisk/bin/fwconsole

-rwxrwxr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 4263 Jan 24 14:17 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole
this is what i get

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.