Critical Error from fresh distro install on multiple systems

Hello All,

I downloaded STABLE SNG7-FPBX-64bit-1707-1 and installed that on an HP ML110 G9, had all kinds of issue, probably related some to CentOS 7 and that box. When it finally hit the brick wall, I decided to install on a slightly older box to just get things running.
I installed on an HP DL360 Gen 7, I’m seeing the same kind of problems and errors.

First after installing both I get an apache page, not FreePBX.
Then at the console I get an error like so:

** CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR **
Unable to generate MOTD.
The /usr/sbin/fwconsole file is not accessible

You are likely to experience significant issues.

Networking service doesn’t start automatically etc.

The fact that I had the problem on 2 completely different systems has me concerned.

Any assistance appreciated!

This is why there is a critical system error. Your network cards weren’t working during install

Hi Andrew,

So since the port wasn’t active at time of install that’s an issue?
The install goes through with no errors.

I configured the network to be on boot so the communications starts automatically, however I get the same errors, same issues with no FPBX GUI etc.

This sounds a little deeper than what you are saying.

If you tell me we have to plug the cable in during install, I will for testing purposes do this one more time and report back, but it doesn’t make sense that it would affect things like “The /usr/sbin/fwconsole file is not accessible”.

Let me know, thanks!!

Well it does if you knew how the install process of FreePBX works. If it can’t get internet it aborts and then fwconsole isnt placed right (because the placement of fwconsole happens after install is completed)

Sounds fair, I will re-install and update the post!
Thanks!

A couple of things to note, in the past with previous distro versions I was able to install without a network cable, but in this case it did make a difference for the G7 server which ended up working properly.

I never received any type of error messages during the install process when it failed.

On the G9 server I experienced the same problem as stated above, it has a video issue as well (these use Display Port now).