CRC errors when i run "dahdi show status"

Good afternoon all, when i run “dahdi show status” i get the following below. could anyone tell me of provide some reading material on what CRC is. I am also experening drop calls from time to time. I need to report this to my telco but i am trying to arm myself with as much information as possible.

Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC Fra Codi Options LBO
WCTE23X (PCI) Card 0 Span 1 OK 0 0 661 ESF B8ZS 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
WCTE23X (PCI) Card 0 Span 2 OK 0 0 113986 ESF B8ZS 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) errors are caused by errors in the digital framing. The data received at the card doesn’t have the same CRC value as the announced CRC for the incoming packets.

While there are occasional problems with house wiring (wiring from the demark to your PBX), the bulk of these errors are transients “in flight”. It’s usually caused by noisy lines between you and the switch. In the general case, the telco is the only one that can troubleshoot this - they won’t generally want to, but there’s almost nothing you can do short of turning up or down the gain on the PRI card. Without their help, though, any changes you make will just be shooting in the dark. Time to open a Telco ticket - be sure to mention that you are seeing 50 times as many CRC errors on Span 2 than you are on Span 1.

They probably won’t get too excited about 600 CRC errors since your last reset, but 110K should get their attention.

Dave, thanks a million for your input. I had already open a ticket with them just wanted more information in my arsenal. I have had a case where they said my equipment was at fault.

Thanks
Omar.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.