Costum made Followme strategy

Hi!

I have a problem with our setup at my work.

Every user got up to 3 extensions

1. Snom 370 desk phone
  2. Sip client in cell phone via Wlan (bria on android/iphone)
  3. cell phone

We use 3 extensions for every user because we have a big factory and the user isnt always at their desktop. When they are around on the factory floor (that is covered by wlan) we want the incomming call to go through the sip client via Wlan so it doesnt cost us so much in telephone bill to call out on cell phone every time.

I can not find any well working strategy that works for all users. It works for me that understands more how things works but not for all users that simply want to pickup the phone and answer the call.

The best i came up with is this:

Gustav
775 Desk phone
7752 sip client
7753 cell phone

775 Follow me:
Hunt prim
Initial Ring Time: 6
Ring Time: 15
Follow-Me List: 7752, 7753

The god thing here is that it skips 15 sec ring time if it doesnt find the sip client (not in place, client off etc.).

The bad thing is that it stops ringing in the deskphone.

I want more a configuration to look like:
Prim mode
Ring 775 - 5sec
Ring 775 and 7752 if reachable otherwise skip to next stage. 15sec
Ring 775 and 7753 (not 7752) 15 sec

I dont want 7752 and 7753 to ring at the same time because that gives a “on the phone” status from the sip client and the call goes to voicemail.

So I want a hunt strategy, except that the first phone will ring all the time. Not like memoryhunt there it ends up with all phones ringing.

And I want it in v2 mode, like ringallv2. So the first extension doesnt rering all the time.

Is this possible? Any future plan for this? Any paid sulotion? Please help me!!!

nobody?

first, I would do users and devices, cause you have one user for many devices, that removes the need of ringall groups ect.

second, try CSipSimple for the android.

it will ring everywhere at the same time big deal, if they are at their desk they should know to answer it, first answer stops the others.

"it will ring everywhere at the same time big deal, if they are at their desk they should know to answer it, first answer stops the others."

The android/iphone client is on the same device as Cell phone. Thats why ringall is not any good idea. That would make the sip client ring 2-3 seconds (connection time) before cell phone takes over. Thats not any good working scenario.

Why I want to have cell phones? The users can be outside wifi area sometimes.

“first, I would do users and devices, cause you have one user for many devices, that removes the need of ringall groups ect.”

How? In FreePBX gui? Explain?

Here is a simple solution…

Create a ring group for each user. John’s Ring group would be 100… This is what anyone would call to reach John. His “real” extension (desk phone) is 200, his soft phone is 300

In the Ring Group select ring all or memory hunt, your choice. Set ring time as your wish. Add 200 (desk phone) and 300 (soft phone) to the ring group. Set “destination no answer” to 200(desk phone)

In extension 200 Configure Find Me Follow Me. Set initial ring to match the ring group. Set to Ring All and add 200 and the cell number to the followme list.

Here is what will happen… U call 100, That ring Group rings 200 and 300 (at once or in turn based on your hunt strategy) for 20 seconds, then goes to find me follow me, it attempts to just ring the desk phone for 20 seconds, then desk and cell.

You might be able to check “ignore CF settings” in the ring group and set initial ring to 0 in find me follow me.

Jevans Suggested using “device and user mode” (Settings>Advanced Settings, User and Device mode)

you should familiarize yourself with this mode before trying to move a production server to it. some things behave differently. extensions are no longer tied to phones, rather to users… and users may be “logged in” on multiple devices.

if you need to implement what you are requesting on a large scale, d&U mode would be the way to go. but for less than 15% of your users, i don’t think it’s worth it.

Good Luck.