Conversion to PJSIP

Hello All. I fired up FreePBX 15, restored from one of my backups, which went perfectly. My current system is on Chan_SIP but I am thinking testing the conversion of all the extensions to PJSIP on the test or secondary server. I see there is an article on how to convert from the command line:

All 700 of my phones have DNS for the SIP server. As a result, if I converted to PJSIP, do you think my phone will just happily re-register with freepbx upon conversion, since all the phones have the sip settings right on them? Seems like that should work, and at the least maybe a reboot would be needed. I could possible also convert one extention and try that. Either way this is a secondary server with all settings restored, so its a good time to test. Thoughts? Guidance? Thanks for everything in advance.

Yes everything will just happily connect assuming you also change the PJSIP port to 5060 on your restored server

Excellent, so on the restored server change the driver to PJSIP under Settings–>advanced settings. Under the new SIP settings tab, for PJSIP under Settings–>Asterisk SIP Settings, change the bind port for PJSIP to 5060 :). Perfect! Great! I will test.

I’ve never set up a PJSIP trunk, only a CHAN_SIP trunk, hopefully that works for me and is not too complex compared to CHAN_SIP.

Simpler for most providers

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.