I continue to have issues with IP’s that are both white listed AND in my trusted networks being banned. Its definitely happening less often but it still happens. I am running both 14 and 15 pbx’s all up to date on patches. Every one in a while one of my customers IP’s will get banned causing their entire site to go down. The first thing I check now is to see if their IP is banned and that usually fixes the issue. Occasionally it because their site is DHCP, they get a new IP and its banned (even though the MAC and password are correct and I have adaptive enabled), I verified there are no “misconfigured” phones with wrong passwords and all phones are registered ATM, but I have had a few cases where the IP did not change and it still ends up banned. I though that whitelisting an IP was supposed to prevent this from being banned but clearly something is not checking the whitelist in the banning process.
One thing I did notice is a few times this happened when I changed the extension from chan_sip to pjsip. I would go in to EPM, force the phone to reboot and then change the type from chan_sip to pjsip so on the reboot it would reprovision.to the new protocol. I have been moving the phones over a few dozen at a time.(if I change the type before rebooting the phone I lose al contact with the phone, in some cases I dont have access to the remote phone directly so I have to change it back to chan_sip, then reboot it, and then change to pjsip before it gets back up)
Another note is I do have the fall2ban settings set very strict. 3 failures in a few minutes is a permanent ban…
I opened a ticket in freepbx but it was almost immediately closed as “fixed” but clearly its not.