Context 'macro-dialout-one-predial-hook' - What is it?

Hi there,

I see this message in the log but I don’t know what it means or what I should do about it. Any ideas?

WARNING[11438][C-0000001e]: app_macro.c:310 _macro_exec: No such context ‘macro-dialout-one-predial-hook’ for macro ‘dialout-one-predial-hook’. Was called by [email protected]

I’m running Asterisk 13.0.2 with FPBX 12.0.18

Thank you,

  • Tom

It’s a place to inject dialplan… it should be there. If its missing it doesnt hurt anything. File a ticket at

Thank you James. You’re right. It doesn’t seem to affect any calls so was curious as to why it should warn about something that didn’t seem to be causing problems. I wish they were all so :-_

Well asterisk doesn’t know it does nothing. They have to assume it could break everything

Thanks TheJames. I’m pretty new to Asterisk, and I noticed that a ticket had been filed to solve this issue [FREEPBX-8453]. It seems like the code has been added to 12.0.18, but I’m running into issues. The generated macro is the following:

include => macro-dialout-one-predial-hook-custom
exten => s,1,Return()

;--== end of [macro-dialout-one-predial-hook] ==--;

but the parser was complaining that “Return without Gosub” - see the following from the logs:

    -- Executing [[email protected]:41] Set("SIP/200-00000020", "CONNECTEDLINE(num)=101") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:42] Set("SIP/200-00000020", "D_OPTIONS=TtrI") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:43] Macro("SIP/200-00000020", "dialout-one-predial-hook,") in new stack
    -- Executing [[email protected]:1] Return("SIP/200-00000020", "") in new stack
[2015-01-13 09:07:01] ERROR[7033][C-00000020]: app_stack.c:377 return_exec: Return without Gosub: stack is empty
  == Spawn extension (macro-dialout-one-predial-hook, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/200-00000020' in macro 'dialout-one-predial-hook'
  == Spawn extension (macro-dial-one, s, 43) exited non-zero on 'SIP/200-00000020' in macro 'dial-one'
  == Spawn extension (macro-exten-vm, s, 9) exited non-zero on 'SIP/200-00000020' in macro 'exten-vm'

And then the call would fail. All my internal calls between extensions were failing.
I changed the Return for a MacroExit and now my calls are working:

;exten => s,1,Return()
exten => s,1,MacroExit()

I just wanted to highlight this here since I can’t comment on jira (I believe).


This has already been addressed in Core 12.0.9. Please download it and upgrade.

Yes you can.

Thanks! I was just looking at jira and saw the new commit (12 minutes ago). Also, the git repo was offline for the last half-hour. But thanks for the amazingly fast turn-around!! Great project!!

Yes we are doing upgrades.

I was running into the same issue on Core 12.0.18
Upgrading to Core 12.0.19 solved issue for me