Consistent Asterisk/FreePBX Crash Issue

As explained, we did a move of data by using backup/restore. That said, I’m seeing a lot about pjsip as I search logs and related errors. On the server we backed up and then restored on a fresh FreePBX distro, it had SIP Driver set to chan_sip only (not the default of both). The new server has that settings too, as it apparently carried over from the backup/restore. All that to say, do you think that this type of move, with SIP drive set the way it was, could have broke it?

UPDATE: Had wrong pastebin URL before. here is the correct one.

Uploaded backtrace here: http://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/8e5e3ff1

Any help much appreciated.

Updates:

We disabled “ballooning” in proxmox on the VM memory settings two nights ago. All day yesterday, we had no asterisk crashes (but we had one day earlier this week with no crashes too). But we did have 17 FRACK errors still.

Last night, I changed from the proxmox 4 default NIC of virtio (a paravirtualization NIC) to the E1000 Intel one. We have continued to have no crashes so far, and zero FRACK errors too!

Still getting the “Serious Network Trouble” errors though, but less. Total of 124 so far today.

So today, out of no where, two thousand plus Frack errors and a bunch of extensions unreachable. fwconsole restart did not work because asterisk wouldn’t stop so I had to force stop asterisk and then run fwconsole restart. This issue is killing me. Anyone’s input is greatly appreciated.

This is where I have just been led. I am doing some research now. Specifically when installed with the FreePBX 13 distro ISO (not setup from scratch, nor compiled asterisk separately).

Which error did you see exactly? The specific one mentioned in the subject?

Yeah, I saw the error in the subject line, googled it, found this thread, and subscribed to see if the problem is systemic and if it gets resolved before I update from distro 6 to 7. I’m not even sure if I have the guest around anymore to see if I can reproduce it though.

I can tell you I’m using CentOS 7 as my hypervisor and I installed the alpha build of the v7 distro from the provided ISO shortly after it was first announced.

So another hint in a compatibility issues with KVM and the FreePBX distro…

Freepbx hosting and our cloud solution is on KVM and we do not have these issues.

Thanks Andrew. Are they running the freepbx 13 distro with asterisk 13 precompiled?

FreePBX Hosting and the Cloud solution use the standard distro with asterisk precompiled. We do not make any modifications to that.

Bummer biscuits (as for as any obvious troubleshooting leads).

Are there any of those KVM VMs that are spcifically on or near FreePBX 13.0.192.16 and Asterisk 13.17.0?

Unfortunately that doesn’t make any difference. Some are some aren’t

Okay. Anyone I can get some paid support from on an issue like this?

Sangoma? We’ve always had paid support. have you never tried it?

Did you ever contact Asterisk with your crash?

Did you try to remove your trunks?
I had same issue before, and there was problem with my sip trunks. something like misconfiguration.

1 Like

Im going to move this back to our original issue because you are mixing up a FRACK! which is a memory leak which is your crash with “Serious Network Trouble” which is not related to the FRACK.

Looking through your previous replies on this I don’t believe you ever attempted to get the crash reports and send them to Asterisk.

This is a memory leak in Asterisk. As such it casues a crash. Even if you are doing something wrong Asterisk should not leak memory and therefor you should really go to the Asterisk issues tracker and see if they have any issues related to yours.

Which error did you have? The Serious Network Trouble, or FRACK?

Well, we’ve created them from scratch (new servers) and are having these issues still. That said, the IPs Ive noticed in the logs that related to the serious network trouble errors are not trunk IPs, but endpoints. Could be both though, just haven’t dug that deep to confirm/deny.

Here are our trunks, anveo, anveo 911, and then a FXO we have setup. Everything else are extensions:

E911 EXAMPLE
username=xxxxxxxxxx
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxxxx
port=5010
insecure=port,invite
host=sip.anveo.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=from-anveo
allow=ulaw&alaw&g729

ANVEO IN EXAMPLE
host=50.22.101.14
type=friend
insecure=port,invite
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=yes
qualify=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw&g729

ANVEO OUT EXAMPLE
type=peer
host=sbc.anveo.com
port=5060
insecure=port,invite
canreinvite=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

FXO EXAMPLE
username=8880
type=friend
qualifyfreq=25
qualify=yes
nat=yes
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=auto
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=no
secret=xxxxxxxxxxxx
transport=tcp

Hi Andrew. The only reason it’s come up is that there seems to be a relation. But obviously you know much more accurately. I will consider the two separate issues going forward.