Connecting two FreePBX machines - Make sure we can't use each others SIP trunks

Hi,

There are 2 free pbx systems. These are in 2 different organizations that work closely together. They both have SIP trunks to an external providers and are billed for external calls separate.

I am looking at this to connect both system together, so both users at each end can make calls between each other. - http://www.freepbx.org/news/2006-10-25/connecting-two-freepbx-machines-together

Is there anything that can be done (on the Organisation 2 PBX) so Organisation 1 can’t make an outbound route that will send external calls to the SIP trunk belonging to Organisation 2?

Thanks

Simply don’t route those patterns between the machines.

But what is to stop a dodgy admin at either end making that pattern?

Nothing, why would someone you don’t trust have admin access? Seems counter intuitive.

Lock them out of the routes module then.

If I understand what you are asking, as inbound calls over the peer trunk arrive at context “from-trunk” you can structure an inbound route to handle them. That way a remote caller should not have any more privilege than any other call arriving from the pstn.

I agree that you should not peer trunk to a PBX you can’t trust.

@SkykingOH We can’t lock them out of there own PBX…

The main thing is not its a lack of trust but maybe to prevent mistakes. If IT staff change in the other org we really don’t know them to trust them.

If i set an inbound route do i have to do one for each extension?

Could i put a setting on my trunk to my provider that will only allow calls that originate from my server?

Thanks