Connecting Two FreePBX/Asterisk Systems Together ,Direct dial question

Hello,

I have connected 2 boxes with the help of this article Connecting Two FreePBX/Asterisk Systems Together Over the Internet -> wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4161588 So far so good .

According to that article , I have created IVR on each box and enabled the “Enable Direct Dial” and it works for each box own extensions . But in IVR of System1 i can not direct dial extension 50 to 59 because it is not aware of that extensions on System2 .

If i am correct i think i can do that by creating “Misc Destinations” for each extension one by one but i am looking for a way similar to “Dial Patterns” in “Outbound Routes” .

Thanks

Create a Directory with all extensions you want to allow, and config the IVR to use the directory.

Thanks for reply.

Do directory support patterns ?
Should i create separate submenu for that directory in IVR ? Or it supports direct dial while listening current IVR ?

Never thought to test this before, but it looks like they do! Use a leading underscore in the pattern.

No. Each directory forms is an option in the dropdown menu for “Enable Direct Dial”.