Connect to Asterisk without extension

Hi All,

I’m new to Asterisk. I have delphi app which connects to asterisk server with voip and sip and use extensions for making calls.
Now I want to avoid using extensions, I just want to use asterisk api for login, without any extension. Is it possible?

Thanks,
Bahar

I have a hard time understanding of what you speak, If you have a " delphi app which connects to asterisk server with voip and sip and use extensions for making calls." but you don’t want to use extensions in asterisk, you could rewrite your “app” to use trunks instead, but you are probabply looking for a simple sip proxy not FreePBX/asterisk.

Actually I don’t want to change this, I just want to know how can someone without extension in asterisk, use my app and make calls…( this is the things that my manager wants!)
I connect to asterisk with setting user extension and secret, but if I don’t have extension and secret, how can I connect to asterisk?

Actually I don’t want to change this, I just want to know how can someone without extension in asterisk, use my app and make calls…( this is the things that my manager wants!)
I connect to asterisk with setting user extension and secret, but if I don’t have extension and secret, how can I connect to asterisk?

Bahar

Then you need to set up asterisk to accept unauthorized connections, this however is a very, very bad thing to do :wink: .

I think you need to spend a lot more time on researching what you have been told to do before you make a big mistake.

Let me try and make this clearer. If your Delphi application makes a SIP connection then you must have a SIP peer. Be it a trunk or an extension that’s just semantics.

As Dicko said you can accept connections from unauthenticated peers but without knowing the environment that can be a very dangerous mistake.

If you want to use the Asterisk API, called the AMI or Asterisk Manager Interface you can certainly originate calls but they have to go to a channel, and that channel has to be a technology like SIP or H.323. Both require peers.

The fact you came to a forum about FreePBX and asked a question about Asterisk without even reviewing the interfaces that Asterisk has to offer is frankly galling (look that word up in the dictionary if English is not your primary language). You are getting paid to develop this application and should do your own research.

If you have a question regarding syntax or design that is perfectly reasonable to ask but to think we will whiteboard your application is not.

Thanks for your reply!!! I did research and I find out it’s not a normal way to do this, so I came here and ask question if some professional person have any idea about this, because I don’t want to waste my time for something that is not possible!
By the way, Thanks for your time to write these sentences!!!

You did a tiny bit of research and came up with incorrect concousions in so many ways. Two professionls have now tried to point you in the right direction. Lay of the !!!'s or you might be mistaken for what I hope you are not .

There is no mistaken. I have him three paragraphs of very valuable information and a suggestion based on observation. He choose to not study the information and avail himself of between us 75 years of programming and telephony experience (is that about right Dicko) and at least 20 years of collective Asterisk experience and instead focus on the negative.

Not a very positive attitude.

yeah Scott, about right there, but to his credit he did write a delphi app :wink:

(now he only has to work out how to make it functional and useful )

Actually I just start working with this app for less than one month
This app is written by another person who left the company!
I never had experience working with these kind of apps
So I don’t understand what exactly told me and of course this is valuable
But you should know everyone has to start from basic level and maybe
It seems galling for you
This is my first time that I post for some question and this is my last one after reading your reply
By the way thanks guys
P.s.this is SHE ,not He:)

In America we abuse Men and Women equally, not sure where you come from.

Anyway, I guess you don’t get it. You came into a forum that supports end users on a Web GUI and asked a question about somebody else’s product that we happen to use in our software also.

If you are going to work with Asterisk software one usually starts with a book or online materials and skims to get a feel then reads in detail the chapter they are interested in, the API in your case.

I don’t know of anywhere it is socially acceptable to ask an out of context question and expect someone to hold your hand.

If you are not a programmer and were given this assignment then your boss is incompetent.

So girl, boy, pre-operative transvestite or eunuch I frankly don’t care. Dropping that is even more offensive. Women have fought hard for equality and deserve it, if you want special treatment because you are of the fairer sex, you can’t have it both ways.